Ch. 8 - "Do you think I'm beautiful?"

"Ella, I'm not going there," Jonah hissed, rolling his eyes and leaning back in his chair. It had been a few days he had not had contact with Kylan, but it was tough resisting the urge to check up on him.

Ella furrowed her brows, "You know he didn't mean that—"

"Then he shouldn't have said it. Besides, he's right — a break between the both of us is what's best."

"But this isn't a break, that's a break up."

"Same thing," Jonah shrugged his shoulders. Ella grumbled curse words under her breath to which Jonah added, "You're making it seem like I don't miss him—"

"You're not acting like you do."

"That's because he broke up with me, what else am I supposed to do? Beg for someone to like me?"

"He loves you, we both know that."

"Okay, relax," he sighed, "I'll go tomorrow."

"You're such a prideful loser," Ella scoffed.

Jonah shook his head, "That's the only pro of not having Kylan around; you not being around either."

"Shut up. Let me know what happens, alright?"

"No," and he hung up the phone. Under his breath he mumbled, "so annoying."

On the other hand, Kylan did not really think much of Jonah. When he did, it settled him into a gloom, but these past few days hanging around Sam had been comforting. They watched movies together at hers, cooked diner together. Even the mornings she was not able to be there due to work, she knocked on his door and left him a warm breakfast.

However, they had not yet spoken of that kiss, which he thought about numerously.

Sam was hot, of Jonah's caliber, and Kylan could not lay his eyes off her. Even when she ate, the way her cheeks puffed was adorable, but he had no attraction to her. A friend she was, and only a friend she was to be.

But that kiss must've meant something.

That night, Sam barged into his house, as she had been doing the past few days, and slumped on the couch.

"I'm so tired," she yawned, "work was long."

"That sucks," she was still dressed in her work clothes, which was odd since she usually changed before heading over. Her work attire was a long gold dress, her blond hair curled and glittery covering her eyelid. He was unsure what she did for work, but the elegance was enough to cause his breath to fall stuck in his throat.

He brought her a glass of water and sat down beside her, "You must be thirsty. I have leftovers, if you'd like them?"

"What is it?"

"Spaghetti with meatballs, I can make you a plate."

"How about we drink?" she raised her head, "Let ourselves a bit loose."

Kylan frowned, "I haven't drank in a long time."

"Why not?"

"Jonah doesn't allow me to drink because I get—" he trailed off for a moment, attempting to find the right words before saying, "—crazy."

"That's crap, he just can't handle you having fun!" she exclaimed.

Kylan shrugged his shoulders, "I guess."

"Besides, it's only you and I so how crazy can you get?"

"I get emotional," he admitted.

"I'm going to get the alcohol in your fridge; I'll be right back. Don't move." She stood to her feet, swayed her hips away and Kylan had certainly been looking. When she returned, she had two shot glasses and a bottle of vodka; it was full. "We're finishing all this—"