Home sweet home?....

We had an hour left on the plan and Alken and I had talked almost the whole way.  Of course there was the occasional dozing off between the two of us, then there was the uncontainable laughter.  Alken was 17.  He was a Mime and was telling me how fun it was.  Of course i looked like i knew nothing because i had just gotten the hang of using my powers.  Then he started talking about something very interesting.

"So, hows your dads family and step-mom?"

"Evil...Pure evil.. My step-mom is a witch.  I always felt like my life was from a Disney Movie."

"A witch....Has she changed anyone drastically?..."

"Does my dad acting like a complete jerk count?"

"Yes.  Technically our dad but you get the point.  She might have powers."

"Yes our dad.  The weird thing is i never actually remember you and Cherry being in our family."

"Well...To make a long story short.  Mom sent us away when we were born to keep our lives seprate and to not have any 'Sibling Vs Sibling' combat.  Especially you and Cherry."

"Mom was a wise mother.  Now what were you saying about my step-mom again?"

"She could be a what we call a Split."

"Split?"  i was confused on everything i had just heard.  Especially on the part where my step-mother could be a mythical creature.  My life was slowly changing in many ways.  Since a month ago i found out i was a princess, i had powers, i have a twin sister, i have a brother, i have to go to a special high school and now my step-mother could possibly be a mythical creature.  It feels like i have no control!  My head is spinning a million miles and hour.  Whirling and whirling.

"Yes, basically split personality."

"I see.  I always knew something was up."

The plane had landed and we made our way to the luggage claim.  I grabbed my suitcase and he  grabbed his.  I was nervous to go home and to also come to my dad and say 'Look!  My long lost brother Alken came to visit!'  I was afraid my dad wouldn't accept him as easy as he would probably accept Cherry.  Even though he probably would freak out over either one of them.  I thought about this the whole way home.  Then these words ran across my thoughts, scattering them all at once. ~ The truth is the most powerful power any mythical creature and human could ever have~  The truth.  Was Alken talking about him and my dad or me and telling my dad where i really was. 

We got to the front door and i was scared out of my mind!  So i started to talk to Alken.

"Alken..."

"Yes."

"I'm scared."

"Don't be, you cant be more scared than me.  My father is going to see me for the first time in 15 years."

"True."  Then the door started to open and what i saw was the most terrifying thing ever.