Will you just listen!

We were in the car and the baby was crying.  She wouldn't stop and i didn't know how to calm her.  Then i remembered a song.

"Don't think of the world as a bad place, don't think about the human race.  Close you eyes and please don't cry.  There are tons of places in many secret places, placed upon a rhyme an-."  I stopped.  This was a song my mom and dad sang to me when i was little.  I remembered the rest of the song and it gave me the answer to everything.  I continued to sing to her. "and in the midst of time, you will know what they wont show, no one can deny.  One is placed upon a wall, then there's one down the hall, another inside the cabbage patch, next there's one in the middle of France.  They are all in different places.  They go like this in order, California, New york, Kansas then the tower in France.  Think real hard, then go so far.  The way out is near the 28th floor."  That's it!  I found the way in and out!  This baby was a miracle.

"Alken!  Alken!"

"What?"

"I know how to get dad out!"  I looked at him and he looked very confused.

"How did you find that out?"

"The song!!!"  i was so happy.  I told the driver to bring us to the hotel.  Meanwhile i called Cherry.  The phone was ringing.

"Bonjure."

"Cherry,  listen to me very closely."

"What are jue talking about?"

"My step mother is a split.  I need you to tell mom to call me."

"And why would i do zat?  Zees right here."

"Thank you!."

"Hello!"

"Hi, mom?"

"Yes dear."

"My step mother is Allison.  Shes a split."  Of course the baby started crying again.

"Is that a baby?"

"Yes mom, its a baby.."

"Why do you have a baby?"

"Because...Just listen.  Allison is a SPLIT."  I dragged the word split out.

"Oh... well then we need to take care of this.  Ally is bad woman..."

"No kidding!  She almost fried this baby."

"Sounds like Ally.  You know if she gets a sacrifice she will become the most powerful person of the realms."

"This is not good...  She trapped dad in a realm."

"What?  You know her can get out at anytime right?  If she put a lock on it he can easily undo it.  I gave him the break away word if that ever happened to him."

"He said he had no way out..."

"Its all a trick.  Where did you tell him you were going?"

"To the hotel..."

"Go to a different hotel. One far away from them."

"Mom, im strong enough to protect us and Mia if something happens."

"Mia?"

"Yes the baby.   I named her Mia..."

"Oh...You need to come home ASAP."  She was serious.  I was scared even more now.  There was so much i didn't know.I was in a completely different world now.  Sometimes i wonder what would my life be like if i never decided to leave my home..My real home...  I was now confused.  I didn't know how to get to Italy without a plane ticker in sight.  I didn't know if i should just stay or go back to Italy.  Again my thoughts were scattered and i couldn't think straight.  Then someone knocked on my door.  I looked through the peeking hole and saw Jake.  Jake?  How could he have gotten to her?

"Hey!  What are you doing here?"  I asked sounding completely surprised.

"I came to help you and i wanted to know if you wanted to take a walk."

I was thinking about the baby and my brother.  Then i thought this might be a trick to see where my head is at and where i was staying.  Allison was a tricky one...So i asked him a question.

"Before we take a walk,  Remember what happened the other night?"

He paused then spoke.  "Yes...  I do."

"Do you remember what i told you?  You know before you left."

"Ummm. Yeah.  You told me how much you loved me and that we could never  be away from each other."

I made a sound like a buzzer on a game show when you answered the question wrong. "Wrong!  Wanna try again?  Go ahead.  Allison."  I drew her name out and made my eyes squinted then stared at her.

"I was kidding.....you know me.."

"Aww baby yes i do.  But you gotta tell me what i told you?  Did you already forget?  Babe it was really important."  I made my voice sound like i was pretending to be upset with puppy dog eyes.  And I don't call him baby.  If she was smarter she would have picked that up.

"You know i love you!  Why should i have to answer this?"

"Because sweetie i love you and that was our first kiss."

"Oh yeah!  Baby you know i wouldn't miss that."

I was practically laughing in my head!  I couldn't believe her.

I forced myself to laugh a little then said " Let me go get my sweater than i will come with you."

As soon as i closed the door i grabbed Mia and Alken and thought about how much i wanted to be in Italy.  Then we were back in the castle.  Phew!  I was getting scared.