She's Country

Matt’s POV:

*The Lot*

            What can I say? She’s amazin’! I’ve been with her for two years now and she hasn’t changed a bit. I met her with a group of friends. She was sixteen at the time, while I was eighteen. She was dancin’ on the back of an old Chevy, listenin’ to ‘Old Alabama.’ I couldn’t keep my eyes off of her. She grabbed a 10 oz. and flung it at me. Right then and there I knew she was the one. I learned a lot about her that night but most importantly, I asked her to by my lil country girl.

            A year passed by and I started workin’ more than normal. We didn’t get to see each other much but she would surprise me a lot at work. My boss loves Case and will let her hang out at the funeral home whenever. We always went partyin’ on the weekends and it eventually ended up that she would stay at my house after a huge party.

            One night, the funeral home had prayers and I was workin’. Throughout the week, Case had seemed upset and when I asked her what was happenin’, she would tell me that her stomach was botherin’ her. But lil did I know, the prayers were for Casey’s grandmother. Casey came in bawlin’ and I couldn’t help her. For a couple of months, she wasn’t herself. She couldn’t take the loss of her grandmother, so she ended up in the hospital with a high level of alcohol content. I was devastated and stayed by her side through everything.

            Things went back to normal. She got a job and everything was great. We’ve had our ups and downs but at the end of the day, we were sleepin’ beside each other.

            When Case turned seventeen, she went and bought her dream truck. She even surprised me when a sticker caught my eye, ‘A Country Boy Has My Heart: Matt&Casey’. She even made one for my truck. Later on I found out that she paid for everythin’ and not a penny came out of her parents’ wallet.

            Now it’s been two years and I want to move forward but I don’t want to rush Casey. I love her to damn much to up and leave her because she ain’t ready. Well the bonfire starts in an hours, so I get to see the gang and drink with a girl I love.

Casey’s POV:

*My House*

            Today marks the day of mine and Matt’s two year anniversary. I can still remember the night I met him. Alex and Cam drug me out of my house and went to the department and drank. He kept starrin’ at me so I flung a 10 oz. at him and we started talkin’. Ever since then he has been by my side, helpin’ me with a lot of difficult things.

            I have a surprise for him but I think it will wait so I can truly know when it’s the right time. I love him but I don’t want to push him away.