School

*Octavia's POV*

Well... Monday. Ugh. I mean school was better than home. I didn't really get hit at school. Words I was good at draining out, punches and slaps you couldn't. I went to school everyday I could to get away from Steve. I hated it here. I left out the door without a goodbye, or breakfast. I knew that Jonah would bring me something for lunch. He always did. He knew my mom couldn't afford to pay for school lunches and we barely had food for dinner.

I walked into the building. The smell of sweat, floor cleaner, and erasers filled my nose. I kept my head down, my hands holding the straps of my back pack that was on my back. I found my way to my locker. Not many kids were here yet. I was always early. I wanted to by pass Micah and his crew of assholes. They were the worst. Or Brook and her passé of rich white girls. I did everything I could to get away from those three. Cause I was definitely no where near stable, let alone rich.

Once more and more people started to show I tried my best to get to the library before they showed up but to my luck, sarcasm, Micah and LaMelo showed up. Great. I put my head down and tried to turn around but I was stopped. He grabbed the back of my hoodie and spun me back to face him. "Awee no good morning for us??" Micah faked sounding sad.
"Good morning," I mumbled, shrugging.
"Huh?!" he yelled at me, making me flinch and step back. That made Micah laugh, then LaMelo followed. "Good morning," I spoke up.
"Shut up no one asked you," Micah grabbed my notebook from my hands. He started going through it and I just stood there. "You draw huh?" he ripped out a doodle I had did during a class. I looked up at it. I was going to draw it better, it as just a sketch. "Don't please!" I sighed, "Please!!" I begged. He handed the notebook to LaMelo and got his water bottle out. He put the paper on the ground and before I could grab it he poured his water bottle on the paper. Then his foot went over it and the damp paper ripped apart at his feet. I stood there broken as I watched his foot move and nothing was left but wet, blurred paper. Micah laughed, walking awa. LaMelo held the notebook out to me. I flinched, figuring he'd throw it but he didn't. I looked up at him and his eyes were soft. My eyes were glossy with tears I was trying to hold back. I took the notebook gently from his hands and walked away...

*LaMelo's POV*

I watched as his foot moved off the paper and I looked at Octavia and she looked absolutely crushed. I could see tears forming in her green eyes. I felt terrible. I held the notebook out to her softly and she flinched back quickly. I shook my head a bit. This kid is broken. She looked up at me and I looked back at her softly. I did feel bad. She looked like she was going to burst into tears any second now. She took the notebook gently from my hand and then walked away fast. I was going to stop her, but stopped myself. I went back over to Micah and by then Isaac and Wells were here. Micah was telling them about the incident with Octavia. We all just went along with it but none of us stopped it... I wish I had the guts but I don't...