Better With You

*Octavia's POV*

The next morning I made Poppy breakfast and while she ate I put our stuff into a bag to stay with Melo. I was a little nervous though I didn't want to intrude but I also didn't want to be here. My mom would never notice to be honest. Once we got done eating I checked the time and got us ready to go. We started walking, Poppy was holding my hand, skipping next to me. A car drove by kind of fast and I shook my head at the car. It looked familiar but I wasn't sure who's it was. I kept walking and the same drove past again, going the opposite direction. I was a little worried now and I started to walk a little fast with Poppy. Then the same car came by and slowed down to my pace. I looked at the car and it was Micah. I rolled my eyes and kept walking, not looking at him. "Get in Octavia," he yelled. I ignored him. "You heard me!!" he yelled again. Then the car stopped and I just kept walking. Then I felt a hand on my arm and it yanked me back. I turned around, picking Poppy up who almost fell over. "What?!" I sighed.
"I said, get in the fucking car!" Micah looked at me.
"I said no!" I sighed, shaking my head, "Leave me alone!"
"What did I say?" Micah pulled me closer to him. His grip hurt my arm and I tried to pull it away. "Lets fucking go," he told me. I shook my head. Tears filling my eyes. I was getting scared. Then a car went by, then I heard the car screech and stop. I heard a door slam and Micah groaned and pulled me closer to him. "Don't you fucking come over here!" Micah yelled. I looked over and saw Melo. I let Poppy down and she ran over to Melo. I was terrified... "Please Micah, I'll go," I told him, "I'll go in the car with you..."
"Octavia!" Melo sighed. I looked at him with pleading eyes and sighed. I got in passenger side of Micah's car and he started driving. I heard Poppy screaming. My heart was racing and I quietly unlocked the door. Micah was talking but I wasn't listening. I watched out the window and waited till we were around a good amount of people. Then I unblocked quick, opened the door, and jumped. I hit the pavement hard and groaned in pain. I got up fast though and ran the pain off. I saw Melo's car drive by and then turn fast. He stopped by me and I got in fast. "Are you okay??" he asked. I shut the door and shook my head, I felt blood running down my cheek. Melo pulled into the parking lot and looked at me with a sad face. "Your cheek is bleeding so bad, and your chin. Did you jump?" he asked. I nodded and sighed a little. "Let me run into the store next door and get some stuff okay I'll be back," he told me. He got out and I pulled Poppy to me and waited for him to return.

Once Melo got back he opened the door and I sat half out of the car and half in. He started to clean the blood off as I held Poppy. "You're safe with me," he sighed, "I promise." He kissed my forehead and then continued. He cleaned my elbow up as well and bandaged it. "You okay?" he asked.
"Better with you," I smiled at him.