Rough

*Octavia's POV*

After school my brother picked me up and Poppy was in the back seat. "Mom said you can sleep at my place for the week," Jonah told me.
"Thank god," I sighed happily.
"We have to stop there to get your guys' things," he told me, driving.
"Okay," I nodded. Jonah drove us to my moms and he came inside with Poppy and I. Steve started yelling till he saw Jonah was there. He doesn't mess with Jonah, Jonah beat him up before. "Exactly," Jonah scoffed at him. He took us upstairs and I got our stuff together. Then we left to Jonah's apartment. "So you want the couch and Poppy get the bed?" Jonah asked.
"Poppy sleeps with me," I nodded.
"Oh okay," he nodded, "Then you both can have the spare room."
"Thank you," I gave him a hug and he hugged back. I took Poppy to our room and got our stuff unpacked. I heard my phone go off and checked it. It was Melo.

Melo- yup yah boy got in trouble. Just got yelled at and suspended a game but it's all gooood.😅
Me- Awe I'm sorry 😭
Melo- nah, nah it's coo. 😂How you?
Me- good tbh
Melo- be honest.
Me- I am. I'm staying at my brothers house with Poppy.
Melo- Good. Can I ask you sum?
Me- Yeah go ahead.
Melo- What were those bruises? I saw them that night and I was going to ask them but I was a little nervous to.
Me- it's nothing. Don't worry about it okay??
Melo- You sure?...
Me- Yes. I'm alright
Melo- Okay hun.

Melo and I texted for awhile that night. We pretty much texted all night. He actually seemed to be pretty interested in me. We both got to know each other. I really liked him but I tried not to. I didn't want to get too close to him again after what happened before...

The next morning I was at my locker and I felt someone coming up. I got a little nervous until I saw Melo leaning against the locker next to mine. "Good morning," he smiled. He had a cut in his bottom lip, a black eye, and his jaw was bruised. "Awe good morning," I looked at him, "you looking rough."
"Wow thanks," he laughed, "Ouch!"
"No!" I laughed, "I mean like your bruises."
"No no!" he shook his head, "I see! I see," he held his heart pretending to be all hurt about what I said. "Awee," I pouted at him, "What will make you feel better?"
"A hug," He looked at me, pouting back at me. I nodded and opened my arms to him. He picked me up a little into a hug and squeezed me. "Owww," I groaned, laughing a bit. I hugged back though. He let go of his grip a little. "I'm so sorry!" he told me.
"It's okay," I told him. He set me down on my feet and we pulled away. "You sure? I didn't want to hurt you," he told me.
"You're okay," I nodded. Micah walked by and I saw him go to say something but Melo gave him a look and he kept walking. He looked worse than Melo did. He had more bruises and his nose had a bandage over it. "Damn," I giggled, "You fucked him up."
"I know," he winked at me.