Home

*Octavia's POV*

That afternoon I came home, car seat in one arm, and bags in the other. I took my shoes off and brought my things upstairs. Looks like Steve isn't home yet. Thank God. My mom was asleep in her room, I could tell. Her door was shut and TV was blaring. Poppy came trotting into my room holding her belly. "What's up?" I asked her.
"Hungry," she sighed, "My belly is hungry!"
"Okay," I nodded, "Let's get you some food." I took Haven out of the car seat and held the baby on my hip as we went downstairs. I got Poppy some food to eat and sat her down on the couch. Then I cleaned up the beer bottles and cans off the coffee table from the previous night. I threw them out and did the dished quick. I cleaned up anything else that looked out of place before he got home. Once Poppy was finished eating the baby started to cry and Poppy's eyes got wide. "It's for school, its a fake baby that acts real," I tried to explain. I went upstairs and got the bottle to feed her. Once she was done I burped her and everything then laid her back in the car seat to sleep. I fixed my room up then Steve's truck to pull up to the house. Great...

He came in wasted, probably coming from the bar. Poppy stayed upstairs in my room, watching cartoon I set up for her. He stumbled in and took his boots off. "Dinner is almost done Sir," I told him, "mom is asleep upstairs and Poppy is in my room playing toys."
"Shut the hell up!" he slurred, spitting as he talked, "No one fucking asked you to say a damn word!" I nodded in response and went to the kitchen. I got him a beer, cracked it open and slid it across the counter to him. He took it in his hand and started to drink. I finished dinner, that Poppy already had some of. I set the table and then went to wake my mom up for dinner. I moved the needs, carefully off the bed and shook her awake. "Steve is home," I told her, "Dinner is ready."
"Nooo," she rolled over, pushing me off, "I'm sleeping!" I knew not to bug her then. I walked out and to my room. I got Poppy and we went downstairs. "Where is your mother?!" Steve slurred, yelling.
"She doesn't want to come down," I told him.
"That son of a bitch!" he slammed his can down on the counter, making it spill it a little. He stumbled upstairs and then the fighting began between them. Poppy and I ate our food. I cleaned up after and left Steve's food in the microwave for him. He came down, his face red hot with anger. "Poppy, upstairs now," I told her quick. She ran past him and upstairs she went. Steve walked over, his teeth clenched together so tight I'm surprised they didn't crack. I backed up to the counter and even then I tried to back up. Before I knew it he yelled, but I couldn't even understand it. It was slurred and half didn't make sense. His fist came up in the air and I blocked my face. He hit over my hands, which only made him angrier. He grabbed my wrists, pinning them up and then he hit me, three times in the same spot...

I cleaned myself up. Still sobbing and went upstairs. The baby was crying so I picked her up. Then my phone went off. Through my tears I could make out the text.

Unknown- Hey... It's LaMelo, from class. How the baby?
Me- just woke up lol. Cuddling now in bed.
LaMelo- Awe how sweet haha. See you tomorrow.
Me- Goodnight, have a good night...
LaMelo- You too Octavia...