Thursday

*Octavia's POV*

Thursday came around and Melo dropped me off at the court house with Poppy. "Call me right after okay? I should be at lunch by then," he told me, "Text me if you need me."
"I will," I nodded and got Poppy out of the backseat. I walked into the court and sat down with the rest of the people waiting to get in. They were all Jonah's friends, I remember them. No one was around that I didn't know. We all made small talk as we waited for the judge to call everyone in. Once the trial started I was supposed to give a statement about what it was like at my moms house. I did... I gave them in detail everything that I went through... from physical abuse, to verbal abuse.... to sexual abuse. The whole time Steve kept scoffing and rolling his eyes. I didn't really care, I continued till I was done then I went and sat back down by Poppy. "Well you are 16 so you Octavia can choose where you would like to stay," the judge said, "Is your mother here?"
"Probably not sir. She's probably at home sleeping," I told him.
"Okay," he told me. They continued and decided to let Jonah out but Steve would stay for child abuse two counts, and sexual abuse. Poppy would stay with Jonah and I till my mom got to trial for her.

We all met outside and hugged Jonah. "Are you okay with me staying with you?" I asked Jonah, hugging him.
"Yes," he told me, "Trust me. I wished you would stay with me. We will get Poppy I promise you." I nodded and pulled away from our hug. I checked the time and it was time for lunch for Melo. "One second," I nodded. I walked away from the group talking and called Melo. It only rang like twice before he answered. "Hey how'd it go??" he asked.
"Alright," I nodded, "I'm with Jonah for good. Steve is in jail for a long time, Jonah is out. Poppy is still pending until my mom gets sober enough to make it to a trial for custody of her."
"Good baby, where is she going to say now?" he asked.
"With Jonah and I," I told him.
"Oh good," he let out a sigh of relief, "Alright baby I'll see you later okay? I have to go eat."
"Okay, I'll text you," I told him.
"Okay," he told me then we hung up. I went back over to the group and decided that we were all going to go out to eat for celebration.

Once we finished eating and everything we went back to the apartment. I sat on the couch with Jonah while Poppy played. "So I think I have a boyfriend," I smiled at Jonah.
"Really??" he asked, "Who is it?"
"LaMelo," I nodded, "I'm pretty sure it's official."
"Awe good," he nodded, "When can I meet him?"
"I don't know, soon maybe," I smiled, nodding. He nodded back at me and turned his head back to Poppy. I smiled small and texted Melo.

Me- Jonah wants to meet you. 😬
Melo- When and where?
Me- My place. Whenever works for you. ❤️
Melo- I'll talk to my parents see when I'm free and lyk cutie 🥰
Me- Okayyy. 😋
Melo- Text you after school though. Have a good rest of your day 😘😘
Me- You tooooo😘😘