Adrien's Outburst

A bit after, at home, Adrien was leaning against the window of his room, looking at pictures on his phone. He stopped on class photo. He stared at it for a while, barely even blinking. Then, Plagg flew up to him. "Adrien?" he called. When no response came from him, Plagg smiled slyly. He thought to himself on how to get his attention. When the thought came to him, he realized it would be a prank too. All the more reason to do it! He turned to Adrien, and came very close to his ear. He whispered, "Thinking about Marinette?"

      Adrien jumped in surprise. "W-what? No, not at all! Of course not!" he cried. Plagg moved until he saw the picture. It was the class photo, yes, but it was zoomed in on Marinette's face.

      Plagg looked to him and glared. "Sure about that, kid?" he asked.

      Adrien suddenly looked sad and a little upset. "Honestly Plagg, I was. I'm getting worse, and I'm really confused," he said, pacing around the room, "I like her, I really do! Well, she's definitely not just a friend anymore. I'm starting to doubt she ever was! At the ice rink, I got mad when she and Luka were holding hands, but I didn't know why! When she was sad, I took her to the place meant for someone I loved. I just had to show off when I was protecting her from Evillustrator! I felt heartbroken when I thought she didn't like me on my first day of school! All it took was her confession to drive me crazy! Did I love her from the start? Is any of this even real? I don't know, and I can't tell if I'll ever figure it out!" he cried.

      Plagg was speechless. How does one respond to that? After all, Adrien was usually well composed. "Uh- well kid, I know this. Don't lie to yourself. That's all I can tell you," he said cautiously.

      With a smile, Adrien gave him some cheese and said, "Thanks, Plagg."