Life Purr-oblems

Adrien went to fencing distracted,  but in a good way. He finally figured out exactly how he felt. He realized that he loved Marinette, and nothing could change that. Still distracted, he was partnered with Kagami once again. He finally felt confident in himself, and he wasn't about to let that go. He shoved aside his nerves and distraction, and managed to beat her. After they finished, they sat on a bench next to each other.

      "What's with the sudden confidence, Adrien? You've been distracted lately, but you never told me what was happening," Kagami asked.

      Adrien turned to face her and smiled. "Well, for the past few days I've been confused, and today was kinda hard. Then I took your advice. I changed targets, and now I'm happy," Adrien replied.

      Kagami tried to hide a smile. "From who to who?" she asked, assuming it was from Marinette to herself.

       Adrien rubbed the back of his neck, and told her the truth. "My target used to be Ladybug. I know, it sounds crazy, but it's true. I still admire her and her skillset, but I found who I love. Marinette," He said.

      Kagami drew in a breath, angry. "Well, since you found out who you love, and it gave you so much confidence, I just have to find someone right for me. Then we'll see who wins," she replied. Something seemed off to Adrien about how she said that. Was she angry? Was she jealous? Or just being competitive? Kagami walked away, and left Adrien confused.

      Marinette sat on her chaise, trying to compare Cat Noir to Adrien. They both have blonde hair and green eyes. They are about the same height. They both know how to make me feel better. Even though I'm calmer around Cat, they make me feel a bit nervous. They both have been acting weird recently, and have been taking a deep breath to calm down! Could they be? She considered the possibility they could be the same person. She bent over, and she was so nervous, she felt sick. She couldn't figure it out.

      That night, Marinette still wasn't sure about Cat's identity. She made a promise to herself that she'd study Adrien's actions and stay calm. "Tikki?" she called.

      "Yes, Marinette?" Tikki replied. 

       "Could Adrien be Cat Noir?" she asked quietly.

      Tikki looked down. "You know I can't tell you that. If you want to ask him, you need to trust yourself," she said quietly, before curling up next to her. "Goodnight Marinette."

      "Goodnight Tikki."