Finding Out

Once Alya gave up, Marinette ran forward and grabbed Adrien's hand. "Come with me. Now!" she exclaimed. Something clicked in the back of Adrien's mind as she took him into the closest empty room. It was actually pretty far away. Marinette slammed the door shut and released his hand. She took a moment to take a breath, and calm down. "Adrien, are you Cat Noir?" she asked.

      Adrien gasped, and his eyes went big. "No! Of course not! No way! Totally not! How is that even possible? How could that even make any sense?!" he exclaimed, heart racing. He lost his balance a bit, and put a hand on the wall to steady himself. He shook his head, and took a deep breath. Marinette studied all this, and came to a conclusion.

      "You are. You're Cat Noir. Don't lie to me Adrien. Are you Cat Noir?" she asked once again.

      Adrien knew he couldn't lie anymore. "Okay... The truth is," he began. Plagg elbowed him again, but he barely felt it. "The truth is, I am... I am Cat Noir," he said quietly. He rubbed the back of his neck, and looked up. "Are you disappointed?" he asked.

      Marinette smiled. "Disappointed? How could I be? My Kitty was also my Adrien. That's the best thing I could ask for!" she exclaimed.

      Adrien blushed. "I'm y-your Kitty?" he asked gently.

      Marinette's face turned beet red. "No! Yes! I thought you were, but you don't have to be, I mean, Ladybug calls you that too, right? Well, no that doesn't count, but you get the idea..."

      Adrien easily missed most of the stammering while picking out what he could hear. "I didn't mean it like that. I was just surprised. However, I think I just found a new surprise," he said. "Are you Ladybug?" he asked.

      Marinette jumped. "What? How is that even possible, I mean if I were Ladybug, she wouldn't even be able to walk! She'd be super clumsy and forgetful and stuff! No way!" she cried.

      Adrien pulled her closer. "You are. I started noticing when we defeated Lupine, and I felt it when you pulled me here. Your confidence and your strength confirmed it."

      Marinette turned around and opened her bag. "Tikki, can I tell him? I know he's not supposed to say, but I feel like I need to. I already know his identity, and it wouldn't be fair," she whispered into it. Adrien walked away to prevent eavesdropping.

      Tikki popped her head out of the bag. "Marinette, it could be dangerous, but as long as Hawkmoth doesn't find out, you might be even more capable of protecting each other."

      With a nod, Marinette closed the bag and walked over to Adrien. "I think I'll be telling you with this sentence, but my kwamii gave me permission to tell you." Marinette winced in anticipation of his disappointment, but instead, he pulled her in close and hugged her. She blushed and hugged him back. "A-Adrien," She whispered.

      He pulled back just enough to talk to her. "Thank you... Bugaboo," he said.

      Instead of turning him away, she giggled. Is it bad that I like it now? He hasn't called me that for more than a week, so I guess it's okay. "Silly Kitty. Let's go, before we're late," Marinette said. They went off to their next class together. Alya had been talking to Nino the whole time, so she only saw the 2 of them walking out at the same time. She nudged Nino and gestured to Marinette and Adrien.

      Alya and Nino pretended to be later than Marinette and Adrien. They waited until the last minute, which caused Adrien and Marinette to sit together. After a high five, they walked in. The teacher noticed their seating arrangement, but didn't mind. After a while, Marinette and Adrien held hands. They both blushed a little, and were happy. Aside from that, nothing happened. There were no akumas, Chloe pouted instead of interrupting, and Lila was still working on her grand scheme. The rest of their day was perfect.