The Short Interview

The genuine, almost shy smile Ladybug had shown him seemed so familiar. He absentmindedly walked into a bush, and Alya caught sight of it. "Cat Noir!" she called, "Could I interview you for the Ladyblog?"

      He was still a little disoriented from walking into a bush, so he made sure he heard right. "Me? Not Ladybug?" he asked carefully. Alya gave a quick nod and held up her phone. Cat agreed to it, and the interview began. He was careful with his answers. When asked his age, he gave a range. When asked if he had a separate job, his description was very vague. One question in particular had him nervous.

       Alya's tone was serious, but she had a smile. "These are the last questions for now. Do you, Cat Noir, have a crush, or are you in love with someone? If you are, who is it?" she asked. Cat took a second to think about it. The first face that came to mind was Marinette's, and he blushed at the thought. Alya noticed and exclaimed, "You do!" Cat got more nervous, not knowing how to answer. He knew that everyone thought he loved Ladybug, and if his theory was right, he was. He didn't want to tell Alya, because Marinette was her best friend, but he didn't want to lie.

      With a sharp exhale, Cat answered. "I... I lov- er... I have a crush- Just a crush! On... Marinette." He didn't want to say he loved her, because Alya would probably freak out.

      "You like Marinette?! As in Marinette Dupain-Cheng?!" she asked excitedly. Her camera was shaking. He nodded his head, embarrassed. He knew Marinette watched the Ladyblog, and realized he should have said no. Alya took a second to steady herself, and tried again. "So Cat Noir, your crush is Marinette... How bad is it? Off the record," she said, putting the phone down.

      Cat quickly played their movie night over in his head, and remembering it all, he blushed furiously. "I wouldn't say bad," he said quietly.

      Alya smiled. "Wow, it is bad! In a good way!" she exclaimed.

      She asked if she could tell, and Cat replied, "I don't really want her to know. It's weird, but I want to wait," he said.

      Alya nodded, and cut out the clip she had in the interview of him confessing. She added an outro, and posted it. "Thank you, Cat Noir!" she exclaimed, leaving. He waved goodbye, and his Miraculous started beeping. He dove back into the bushes as he detransformed. He climbed out as Adrien, pulling a leaf out of his hair.

      Plagg smiled. "So Romeo, guess you finally told!"

      Adrien made a face and said, "It's not like I told Marinette directly, and I watched Alya destroy her proof. It's nothing to worry about." He stuffed Plagg in his pocket and ran home.