Safe and Sound

Imagine for Carlycat13

(Don't play the song until I say)

You are 8 years old and your name is Carly. You are the younger sister of Taylor Swift. You haven't had a check up for 6 years but always tell Taylor you've been going regularly. What you don't know is that your sister is a dentist. One day, while she's home from tour, she comes across your file...

Taylor's P.O.V.

I had finally finished my tour and all I can say is that it felt so good to be home. I had missed my little sister so much. Unfortunately, I was back to work the day after I returned. Don't get me wrong, I love my job it's just tiring. Not to mention the fact that I miss my fans and I miss the buzz from performing. It was currently lunch time; I was sitting in my office sifting through patient files. I hummed to myself as I did. For the most part, I treated celebrities or their kids; however, on occasion I would treat people who weren't famous if it was an emergency. It's not that I have something against them, it's mainly for my own safety if I'm being honest. I continued looking through the files, making a mental note of who's I had and hadn't updated and read. Demi Lovato, Selena Gomez, Sabrina Carpenter, Tony Perry, Rian Dawson, Copeland Quinn Bostwick, Rowan Cole.....the list seemed endless yet I still kept going. Kellin Quinn Bostwick, Danielle Victoria, Vic Fuentes, Brendon Urie, Frank Iero........Carly Swift.

I opened the front cover and began reading the little information. The last time she went to the dentist, she was 2 and she's 8 now. 6 years. She'd been lying to me the whole time. Every time I asked, she told me she had been or was going to be going. I thought Karlie would at least have sorted her out. I grabbed my personal phone from the desk and called her. "Hey Karls, how come my sister hasn't been to the dentist in 6 years?............. She wouldn't go?........... Okay bring her in at about 2pm so about an hour.........thank you.........bye." I ended the call and continued my organising.

Carly's P.O.V.

I was sitting in my room. I really missed Taylor. She was at work so it was just me and Karlie. I didn't know what wither of them worked as, I guess it had never really bothered me since my sister is famous. A few moments later I heard careful footsteps ascend the staircase in my house. There was a quiet knock on my bedroom door. "Come in," I called out. My bedroom door was pushed open to reveal Karlie. "Hey kiddo, come with me, we're gonna go see your sister." I jumped to my feet in excitement. In a matter of seconds, I put my shoes on. Karlie giggled at my reaction but what could I say, I missed my sister.

We made our way to the car and I hopped into the passengers side. I put my seat belt on as my sisters friend climbed in. Once she was ready, we headed off. Ii gazed pout of the window and watched the world pass right before my eyes. I was mesmerized by it all. Much to my confusion, we pulled up outside a dental clinic. Wait, oh no. My sister was my biggest fear. I had been tricked and to think I had managed to escape it for 6 years. I didn't want to let on I was scared so I clambered out of the car and followed Karlie into the building that loomed before us.

Instead of taking me to the reception desk, she took a hold of my hand and signed herself in before proceeding to lead me back to a corridor of rooms. She stopped outside of the one that read "Dr Swift" and pushed open the door. I saw my sister sat behind a computer with a chart pulled up and a file beside her. From what I could tell, they were mine. My older sister swiveled around in her chair upon hearing the door close. "Hey sis," she said as she came over and hugged me. "It's been ages since you visited me at work, 6 years to be exact." She pulled away from the hug and gave me a worried yet disappointed look. "Why so long?"

The  question replayed in my head like a broken record. I discretely stepped my foot back before I spun on my heels and ran. I didn't get very far. Karlie had lightning for reflexes and she had her rm wrapped around my waist in pretty much the blink of an eye. I looked up at Taylor. "What's wrong Carls?" she said in a calming voice. I blinked before I gathered up the guts to speak. "I-im scared Tay." I felt her arms wrap around me as she told me not to worry because she would never hurt me.

After a small pep talk, I found myself getting lowered back in the chair. I didn't like it at all. When I looked up, I saw Tay adjusting the light. She already had her gloves and mask on. I barely recognised her though. "Okay sis, open up for me," her voice was muffled by the mask. Timidly, I opened my mouth enough for her to look. She began calling out random phrases to Karlie. I didn't know what any of it meant but I kept my mouth open until she was finished. "Alright lil sis," she said as I closed my mouth. "Okay so I will be giving you a cleaning as well as fixing your three cavities and pulling two teeth which are completely dead." Tears welled in my eyes as she spoke but I blinked them back, hoping she wouldn't see them.

I wanted to run but I knew she would just get mad so I stayed put and let her do what she needed to. "Now I haven't got anything else, so it'll need to be mint toothpaste." She placed her thumb on my chin and used it to guide my mouth open. I closed my eyes tightly even though all she was doing was cleaning my teeth. I can't lie, she was very gentle and made sure to be as careful as possible on the decayed teeth. Once she was finished, she rinsed my mouth. Her and Karlie, who had been setting up, swapped. Except my sister sat beside me and took my hand in hers. "Okay so you need to open really big for Karlie and make sure you keep your eyes closed." I nodded slowly.

When I opened my mouth, certain areas were dried of with gauze and weird substance was applied. It made my mouth go all tingly and caused it to feel strange. "This is just gonna numb you for the shots." I heard my sister say. Shit! I sat bolt up right in the chair. "Sh-shots?" Taylor lay me back down. "Don't worry sis, you won't feel them, I promise." I reluctantly nodded. "You gotta open really big for Karlie." I looked at her scared. "C-can you sing to me?" She smiled and nodded and began to sing my favourite song (play the song now). I opened my mouth and closed my eyes. I focused on my sisters voice. It was incredibly relaxing hearing her sing. I was so focused on her voice I hadn't even realized all the shots were done.

Once again, my sister and Karlie swapped jobs. I gripped my sister's friend's hand tightly as I was instructed to open my mouth. Taylor began the work she needed to do on my teeth. Much to my surprise, nothing hurt. The scariest thing was the sound of the drill though. I kept my eyes closed the entire time, not daring to so much as peak. When everything was finished, the chair was sat up. I couldn't believe it when I found out I had been sitting in the chair for just over 2 hours. I was glad it was over; however, I couldn't talk due to the gauze in my mouth.

Back at home, I curled up on the sofa with my sister and her friend. It felt nice to have them by my side. We sat and watched all of Tay's tour videos from her recent tour. I'd be lying if I said I didn't cry. They were happy tears though. My sister may have been a dentist while she wasn't touring but that didn't change how proud I was of her and how proud I was to be a Swift.