Baby Teeth

Your name is Y/N Irwin. You are 5 years old and it's your first trip to the dentist. A few days before you lose a tooth and start to worry that something is wrong. You rush to tell your brother, Ashton, who reassures you about it all. When you step into Dr Gaskarth's office, you can't help but worry despite everything you've been told. Oh and it's in a supernatural setting. This is not a request just an idea I had. I chose to write this one to try and shake off my writers block. Hopefully I'll be back on track soon.

Y/N P.O.V.

*three days earlier*

I was sitting on my brothers knee cuddled up for my favourite night, movie night. I had chosen a classic, the My Little Pony movie. "Again?" Ashton, my big brother, groaned. I giggled and nodded. "Yes Ashy. Gimme a break I'm only 5." a chuckle slipped past his lips. "You've been spending too much time with Michael little one." I smiled innocently as I clambered off his knee and ran into the kitchen to get snacks. I grabbed my mom's favourite, gummy worms. Oh that's right you don't know what happened. Well our parents had died in a car accident it has just been us two since. Everyone told me I was too little to understand it but I knew what had really happened. I was smart for my age so when they told me mommy and daddy had gone to sleep I rolled my eyes and ran to my Ashy. He was 17 at the time meaning I was only 4. We lived with my aunt until his 18th birthday. By that point he claimed legal custody of me and we lived happily ever after. See I told you I was smart for a 5 year old. Anyway back to the story.

I sunk my fangs into a gummy worm. Yep, I'm a vampire. My whole family is but as you probably figured by now, it doesn't mean we're immortal. As I pulled the rest of the candy worm from my mouth my left fang fell out! "Ashy! Help!" My big brother rushed through to the kitchen. Blood was pouring from my mouth. Well it wasn't pouring but you get the idea. "Oh baby," he was laughing and shaking his head. I pouted, confused. "You lost your first tooth angel." "So I'm not gonna die?" He shook his head chuckling gently. Well that's a relief.

*present day*

I was sitting on Ashton's knee while we waited to be called in. The reception guy was nice. His hair was funny though. It had blond and black in it but like only a strip of it was blond. I giggled quietly to myself as I realised how he looked a lot like a skunk. "Y/N Irwin" A voice called. I looked over to see a guy in navy scrubs with green hair. His eyes were a deep brown and his smile was very pretty. I wasn't scared so I jumped off by brother's knee and walked over to him. "Hey there little one," he said kindly. "Are you coming with your brother or by yourself." I looked back over at my brother. He smiled and nodded at me to go. "I'll be right here if you want me baby, I'm not going anywhere I promise." I nodded and followed the green-haired man down a corridor. The walls were sky blue and they were covered with clouds and animals and flowers and grass and people.

The room we entered was painted in the same way. It was very pretty. "Now my name's Dr Gaskarth but I would prefer it if you called me Alex because well we are both equal." He smiled again this time showing his teeth. He had fangs. He was a vampire too, just like me and Ash. I smiled back showing my remaining baby fang. "Alright have seat for me sweetie." He patted the chair in the centre of the room. I walked over and climbed into it. "That's it pumpkin." He moved me up a bit. "Now you're gonna go for a ride, alright sweetie." I giggled and nodded as the chair slowly began moving back. I heard the sound of gloves and before I knew it, I looked up to see him wearing both a mask and gloves.

"You okay if I have a look sweetie?" A bright light was moved over my mouth. "Uh huh." Suddenly, I didn't feel as confident. I didn't like this very much. Alex looked different and he could hurt me. After all, not all vampires are nice. "Thank you angel, no open really big for me." I opened my mouth enough for him to look. "Good job hun." He starting counting teeth. As he did, I heard the door open. From the corner of my eye, I saw a heavily tattooed man sitting down at the computer. "Alright Alex, what have we got?" His voice was sweet. "This is Y/N Irwin. Age 5 and first appointment." The other man nodded and started tying and clicking the mouse. Meanwhile, Alex called out numbers that made no sense to me nut I still listened. "There we go sweetie. You're all done." The chair began to move back into the sitting position and I jumped off. "Now the gap won't be there forever, your permanent teeth will grow in. You have a few other ones that are loose but it's nothing to worry about." I nodded.

"Would you like a sticker?" I looked over at the guy with the tattoos. He was holding a plastic bag with stickers in it. I nodded smiling as he handed me one. "You did awesome today." He beamed as he ruffled my hair. I watched him leave the room and a few moments later he returned with my brother. Ashton sat in the chair and gave me a smile before pulling me onto his lap. "My turn now sweetie," he whispered as I gave him a confused look.

I sat on Ashton's knee while Alex was checking his teeth. They told him he needed a filling. I wasn't sure what it meant but all I know is they used a loud drill to help fix it and they gave him 2 shots! I'm glad that wasn't me. Once he was done, we were able to leave and go home. I giggled when Ashton told me he couldn't eat for a little while. "Don't worry Ashy, I won't eat, well not in front of you." I heard him laugh a little. "I have got to stop leaving you alone with Michael."