I'm In Love With You

Imagine for   elbaa99_

Your name is Elba and you're 16 years old. You are scared of the dentist but keep it to yourself. When you're having lunch with your friend, your mouth starts to hurt. Even though you try to hide it she notices and takes you to see her friend Shawn, who unfortunately is a dentist. Despite your best efforts, you can't help but stop and stare and how hot he his. Maybe this won't be so bad after all?

Elba's P.O.V.

My friend and I were having lunch at our favourite cafe. I was having a great time with her. Since we had moved from Spain to LA, I had missed spending time with her. I was studying English at college, in the hopes of one day becoming a Spanish teacher, and in all honesty it was taking up a lot of time so I didn't see her often. As I took a bite of my food, I could feel a dull ache in the back of my mouth. I didn't think much of it and brushed it off pretty quickly. There was no way I was going to the dentist. As I continued to eat, the pain only grew. Try as I might to hide it, my friend noticed.

"Elba, are you okay?" I nodded quickly. Ugh, I'm a terrible liar. "What's wrong?" I stared at her for a second before answering. "Okay, fine, my mouth hurts but it's not a big deal." She raised her eyebrows questioningly and I caved under her gaze. "Fine, it's kind of  a big deal." She kept giving me that look. "Okay, okay it hurts really bad but I will be fine, I promise." I watched her stand from her seat and strut over to the counter. She was paying fr the meal. Shit. I jumped from my seat and grabbed my bag before speed walking over.

"You ready to go?" I sighed again. She had already paid and I knew what was coming next. Her hand slipped into mine and our fingers intertwined. No, we aren't dating. We're just really close friends. She began walking toward the door. Reluctantly, I followed her out of the building, across the road and down the street to where the car was parked. If I put up a fight now, I'll give away how scared I really am. Hesitantly, I climb into the passanger's side of the vehicle and buckled myself in. My friend did the same. I watched as her hands gripped the steering wheel. My heart thumped in my chest with great force. We slowly pulled out of the parking space. Sweat began to form my palms. This was gonna go by faster than I wanted it too.

*               *             *

The car came to a halt outside of the doors to hell. I let my friend climb out first. I didn't want to go in. It took a minute but I finally found the guts to physically remove myself from the seat and out into the fresh air. I instantly grip my friend's hand after closing the door. I don't care who knows anymore; I'm terrified and the last thing I want is to have a panic attack. Thankfully, my friend didn't say anything since well we hold hands often. I wasn't paying any attention to what was going on: my priority was keeping my breathing steady. I almost missed my friend run up an incredibly hot guy.

I watched in amazement as his wrapped his arms around her hugging her tightly. His eyes were a dreamy, chocolate brown and they perfectly complimented his pale pink lips. Mousy-brown curls sat on his head tidily, leaving his strong jaw on display. My eyes slowly scanned his body as I took in every inch of this man. You could see how defined his biceps were through is snugly fitting scrubs. This man was the definition of beauty.

"Elba," I snapped out of my trance and looked up at my friend. "This is my friend, Shawn, the one who went to dental school." I nodded as I slowly began comprehending the information. Cautiously, I walked over to them and took my friend's hand yet again. "Alright guys, follow me back to the exam rooms." Oh wow his voice was beautiful. I could tell he wasn't from LA. From his accent it sounded like he was Canadian. I pretty much shuffled down the corridor towards the room he was leading us too. I was formulating a plan in my head: if I co-operate and get it done with I can leave quicker.

"Okay have a seat for me, Elba," I looked at him then at the chair then my friend and at him again. He gestured towards the seat. Timidly, I walked over and sat down. I didn't like this at all. Not one part of me wanted to be here. I could feel myself shaking slightly as I sat there. I heard the snap of his gloves as he began setting up. I looked up to try and distract myself; however, as I did his eyes met mine. I blinked quickly and looked down. "Are you okay hun?" I nodded unable to find the words I needed to speak. He smiled before placing his mask over his face. The chair was slowly lowered and a bright light was moved into place.

"Alrighty, I need you to open nice and wide for me sweetie," his voice was kind, nonetheless I shook my head.  Fear was controlling my mind. "Are you okay?" I shook my head yet again. "I'm scared," I said in a mere whisper. Suddenly, it all became clear to him. He moved his mask under his chin. "That's okay, it's normal to be scared, but I'm not gonna hurt you. I'll be really gentle I promise" I nodded reluctantly as he placed his mask back over my face. I opened my mouth but barely. Slowly, he guided it open more and began looking. My body was tense the entire time. When he reached the back of my mouth I let out a low whine.

"Okay, so it looks like the tooth has a cavity. It's an easy fix don't worry. Since you're nervous I'll give you some nitrous oxide to relax you and it'll be over before you know it." I gulped suddenly losing the ability to speak and move. I opened my mouth to speak but no sound came out. Since I had no way to communicate, I was unable to tell him that I didn't want the laughing gas. The mask was placed over my face and I began to feel giggling and silly however, a few moments later darkness fell over me. As I drifted off to sleep I realised that maybe it wouldn't be so bad after all.

*               *               *

When I woke up, I was on my sofa at home. My mouth felt weird but thankfully there was no pain. I stood up and steadied myself before walking into the kitchen to see my friend was over but this time so was Shawn. I had fallen head over heals for this man and I barely knew him. He looked up at me and gave me a warm smile. I couldn't help but smile back. "Wow that is beautiful." I muttered.