Chapter 18: We've been waiting for you

It was a normal evening like any other, Frida was on due any day now, she was laying on the couch reading a magazine while Benny was upstairs fixing the curtains in the nursery.

Frida was so concentrated reading the magazine when she felt a hard kick, she had to sat up.

"Don't kick me so hard little princess" Frida said with a chuckle while rubbing her belly.

She continued with her magazine and after some minutes she felt a strange pain, she got so scared and put a grasping hand on her belly "Oh God, I'm having contractions" Frida said between deep breaths. Frida got up and managed to walk to the stairs, the pain was getting stronger, once the contraction was over she yelled to Benny.

"Hey Andersson!!!!!" Frida yelled.

"What is it?" Benny answered.

"Did you finish? I need you to come here please" Frida said trying to breath.

"I'm coming" Benny said and immediately went downstairs.

Benny found Frida leaned on her arms with her head between them in the stair way doing deep breaths and she was sweating, Benny quickly went to her to see what was happening.

"Honey, what is it? Are you okay?" Benny asked a little scared.

"I'm okay... just one thing and please don't freak out... The baby is coming" Frida said with a big smile.

"What!? Right now???" Benny said all frenetic.

"Yes! Right now! And I told you not freak out Benny" Frida throw him a deadly glare. "Listen, remember the bag that Aggie and I prepared? I need you to go for it please" Frida said a little calmer.

"Okay, let me go for it" Benny said as he went as fast as he could, tripping on the stairs.

"Are you okay sweetheart?" Frida asked with a giggle.

"Yeah, yeah I'm okay don't worry for me honey" Benny answered in a very nervous tone.

Benny went back to where Frida was carrying the bag on his shoulder and looking for the car keys desperately.

"I have them" Frida said showing Benny the keys.

"Okay, okay we are ready, let's go" Benny said taking Frida' s hand

Benny helped Frida to get on the car, he got the engine on and started to drive to the hospital very fast.

"Honey, calm down... the contractions are far apart" Frida said putting a calming hand on Benny's knee.

"Sorry, I can't help it, the little princess is almost here" Benny smiled bright.

"Yeah I know... I can't wait to meet her" Frida said in a very happy tone.

"Me neither... Are you scared?" Benny asked.

"A little... but also very happy" Frida answered rubbing her belly, "and you?"

"I'm scared to death" Benny chuckled.

Frida laughed "You better don't pass out at the moment of the birth Andersson", at that moment another contraction hit Frida "Oh crap" Frida said as she clenched the seat.

"Are you okay?" Benny said looking at Frida.

"I'm okay, just another contraction... Benny eyes on the road!!!" Frida said to him.

"Sorry, sorry... We're almost there hang on" Benny said putting a hand on Frida's tummy.