Chapter 23: First steps

It was Ella's first birthday, Benny and Frida were very excited. They had returned to Sweden for a break from their 79' tour, Ella had gone with them but only for a small part of it (in USA) they knew that if it was tired for them it'll be more tired for their little girl.

While Frida was preparing Ella's outfit for her party she remembered their days at USA.

-------------------------------------- 1979 Tour---------------------------------------

The Andersson's had had a great time during their stay in North America, their routine was almost the same every day but never became bored, they enjoyed so much their time there. In the morning they had breakfast alongside the Ulvaeus's and their entire tour team, and at midday all of them enjoyed some time in hotel pool. Ella enjoyed very much being on the water just like her mom. One particularly day Frida went down to the pool, Benny had offered to change Ella in her swimsuit, while waiting for them Frida decided to dive in the pool and swim a little, after a few minutes she saw Benny who was holding Ella, he took her little hand to wave to her mom.

"Hey baby girl" Frida smiled.

Ella gave her one of her beautiful smiles in return and started to extend her little arms towards her mom. Benny came closer to the pool and Frida swam to them and gave Benny a kiss and caressed his face. The she gave kiss to her little girl and gently took her in her arms to swim with her.

Ella enjoyed very much the pool, she was giggling and splashing all around while her mother was holding her, every now and then Ella accidentally throw water towards Frida's face. After a couple of minutes Benny joined them.

"Look who's coming Ella" Frida pointed with her finger to Benny.

Ella was eager to go with her dad so Frida took her to Benny, Ella was moving her little arms and feet like if she was trying to go faster, her parents couldn't help but smile tenderly at their baby girl. When Benny was holding her Frida swam away and Ella wanted to go with her.

"C'mon sweetheart, let's catch mommy" Benny said as he started to swim.

They kept doing that for a long time, it was kind of a little game first Benny and Ella chased Frida and then Frida and Ella chased Benny, Ella seemed to be enjoying the game and it tired her a lot so they came out of the pool.

"Let me get the towels" Benny said as he stepped out of the pool.

"Okay" Frida simply said as she was holding Ella.

Benny came back quickly holding two towels, then he took Ella on his arms and wrapped her with the towel and then offered Frida his free hand to help her out, after getting dried the couple alongside with their daughter sat on the beach chairs. Ella got really tired and she fell asleep on her father's arms.

"Isn't she gorgeous?" Frida asked to Benny, looking tenderly at her baby.

"Just like her mommy" Benny smiled and gave Frida a kiss.

-------------------------------------- Present---------------------------------------

After finishing with her outfit Frida went for Ella who was at the backyard with Benny, they were playing in the ground with Ella's toys.

"Mommy" Ella said with a smile.

Frida couldn't but smile every time that she heard Ella calling her.

"Hey my princess" Frida said as she kneeled down "Are you guys enjoying your time?" Frida asked and gave Benny a kiss.

"Yes, we are" Benny smiled and kissed Frida back.

"Daddy" Ella said pointing her little hand to Benny.

"That's right baby, he's your daddy" Frida said kissing Ella's little hand.