Chapter 12

Varun Dhawan

"I can't do it"

I hear her say. What now? Is the duckling scared of flying?

I'm already pissed as my day had gone terribly wrong. The ad shoot that I was supposed to wind up in ten minutes didn't happened due to some technical shit and they come and tell me after spending three hours sitting idly in the studio.

Due to which I couldn't make it to the mall in time. Ileana is already there and so is the mob. I get groped by girls women aunties uncles, practically by everyone. Still somehow I manage to smile and dance with Ileana to cheer them up.

Once I reach home, I'm too tired to think of anything else as I lie down to rest. I assure myself I'll get up in five minutes only to wake up two hours later. I hastily throw things in my bag and rush out of house.

It's no less than a miracle that I make it to the airport in time and in one piece.

I scuttle towards Shraddha, look past her hideous pink hybrid of top and sweater, when she says..

"I can't go on like this"

When will girls stop assuming that boys have natural capacity to uncode their cryptic language?

"What's wrong?" I ask her in plain human language.

"Have you checked your phone? Why didn't you called me back?" she looks on verge of tears. No! Not the infamous weapon please.

"I was busy Shraddha. I texted you as soon as I got time to breathe..you don't want to know what a rough day I had. I was going to call you but I fell asleep. I didn't even packed my bags properly" I complain wondering why am I even explaining myself to this saphead?

She shifts her weight from right to left leg, her face flustered with confusion whether or not to trust what I said.

I'll make it easier for her...

"Look I'm sorry okay? I know I should have called but I was seriously caught up whole day" I say making my best puppy face the one that instantly used to work on So.. No, I'm not going to take that bitch's name, even in my thoughts.

She lets out a sigh and I know she has made up her mind "Let's go" she says.

See? That was easy.

I'm becoming a pro in my ways of handling a girl. I should consider writing a self-help book to guide poor guys lost in maze made up of 'girls'.

Shraddha Kapoor

He is showing some decency finally by letting me walk first inside the plane, allowing me take window seat even though there is no view outside as it is pitch dark.

I relax myself on plush seat getting ready to sleep while I see him putting on the headphones and gearing up to watch a movie on small screen.

"Are you not tired?" I ask befuddled.

"I had just woken up from a long nap..I won't fall asleep easily now" he says absently as his eyes dart the movie list.

"What's your favourite movie?" I ask out of curiosity while I recline my seat.

He looks at me amused at my sudden interest.

"American psycho" he replies in quirk manner "Ever heard of it?"

I shake my head not sure if I want to hear of it.

"It's movie about sociopath killer, who kills people on slightest provocation" he grins at his one line synopsis "I would love to play such role"

Of course you would.

"What's yours?" he asks after a while.

"Kill Bill" I quip.

Varun stops and stares at me. He then gives me one of his goofiest smile that pumps blood faster in my heart.

I said 'Kill Bill' not because I wanted a come back at him by naming equally gritty movie but it was indeed one of my favourites. More than blood and gallore, I loved the fighting never-die spirit of the Uma Thurman's character in it.

I lean my head to catch another gruesome movie that Varun selects to play. I watch for sometime then close my eyes as soon as they start killing each other.

I wake up panting to weird nightmare of very hot guy smothering me to death.

~~

"There must be some mistake. Please check again" Varun prods to the beautiful receptionist of this serene Oriental hotel.

"Yes Sir. There is only one suite booked under your name" she gives him a pearly white smile.

"Do you have any room available right now? I have a friend with me, so we'll be needing one more room"

I freeze on my spot when I hear him.

"Just a moment Sir" she types on her computer to check while Varun lurches forward on desk impatiently.

"Any second class room will do. The leaking one. The one near toilet. With no Ac. No Tv. No fridge." he babbles raucously just to annoy me as I'm sure he is aware I can hear him as I'm standing right behind him.

"I'm sorry Sir. There are currently no rooms available" she smiles professionally while giving us the bad news.

Varun turns to me defeatedly.

No freaking way.

"We'll go to another hotel" I order him.

"Not possible. I have to get ready for press meeting in an hour. Finding a hotel will take up lot of time"

"I'm not sharing room with you. I was very clear about it from the beginning" I begin to panic.

"Relax!" he chides me "What do you think will happen if we live in one room for one day? I'm not some sex manaic who will prance on you in middle of night or won't be able to control my urges on seeing you coming out of bathroom with wet soaking hair. C'mon you are Shraddha Kapoor, not Kareena Kapoor" he says condescendingly "Get over yourself"

He then turns to the receptionist.

"Keys please"

God! I hate him so damn much!!!!!!

~~~