Chapter 21

Shraddha Kapoor

The striped top that I was wearing comfortably a while ago hangs off Ileana's fragile shoulders. The pink skinny jeans drops from her hips.

I have to hold my breath to squeeze my bust into glittery leopard print knee high pencil dress. Then comes the worst part of her attire of the day, the black fur coat. I spread my arms so Ileana helps me get into it..I expect it to weigh like thousand kilos but it's quite light for its length.  

My instincts which were screaming red alert were right after all. Ileana's bright idea is to exchange our looks and dupe the onlookers outside into thinking that I'm the Goddess they are dying to meet.

I tie my hair in bun the same way like hers holding it with barrette. 

After digging in Louis Vuitton handbag since forever Ileana removes her discovery, the night glares, which are big enough to cover half my face. She then dumps her LV bag on my hand which is heavier than her coat. We check our reflection in mirror and once again I loose my sense of identity.

Till now I was someone's Fake girlfriend. Now I'm Fake Ileana as well. I should wallow in self pity.

While Ileana washes her face to remove all the residual make up, Varun marches inside washroom without knocking ignoring the ladies sign hanging outside the door.

"Are you girls done or do you want to spend rest of the night here?" He fangs out his teeth as usual.

He has taken little efforts from his side as well, by wearing hideous round umpire white cap which honestly will attract more attention towards him. I want to ask where did he got it from? But my attention is diverted by Ileana who has loosens her hair strands.

"Remember Shraddha," she holds me by my arms  "just duck your head low..hide your face..and run if have to..but not too fast as you have to divert their attention towards you just enough for us to escape..and if the situation gets out of control, remove your glares and show them your face" she chirps.

"Just walk till next square..we will pick you up from there" Varun assures. They both are preparing me for the war.

"I'm so sorry..to make you do this" Ileana clasps her hands bringing them near her chin.

"You can back out even now, we'll find some other way out" Varun frowns.

"Like what?" Ileana challenges.

"Like calling your guardsmen half an hour ago maybe?" Varun snaps.

"Oh but I guess you didn't wanted to wait till then"

"Well guess what? You already made me by playing dressup barbie game" they argue.

"Guys..guys.. it's really okay" I put brave front but honestly I'm very much scared inside. I can almost see the vein jumping under my wrist. But I don't need to worry much as what worst can happen once I'll show them who I'm?

"All the best" Ileana tries to boost my confidence..but I wobble as I head out for the mission.

"Don't go further than next square" Varun calls out as I cross over LoC border.

I'm successful in fooling the manager at least as he walks me to the glass door.. I slide the glares further up my nose.

"Please visit again mam" he says and signals something to three- four guys, probably his employees. Upon getting their cue the workers rush outside to push away the mob making way for me to step out. Manager is not as bad as we made him out to be. I'm so grateful for this help that I'll definitely visit this place again and definitely pay my bill.