Chapter 20

Shraddha Kapoor

I begin to pack my bags while wiping away my face. I'm done with his attitude. I'm not his punch bag that he keeps on punching insult after insult and expect me to bounce towards him for even more punches. He keeps forgetting that I'm here for his sake not mine.

I thurst my old clothes into the suitcase while skipping the new ones he got for me. I have a nasty thought to rip all the new dresses into halves rendering them useless so that he doesn't recycle them in hurting some other girls feelings.

My sensible part of brain reminds me I don't have return tickets. I hesitate for a second but decide I'll stay in airport if I have to..but won't stay any longer with Mr. Are-you-trying-to-impress-my-dad?.

Just because we spend one night together he thinks I want to marry him. Why would I want to do that? I've made up my mind long ago, I'm never going to get married to anyone. He doesn't need to know it and I don't intend to tell him as I drag the trolley towards door.

Just as I'm about to open the lacquer door Mr. Arrogant plops in closing the door behind him swiftly.

I eye him though I shouldn't as my flaming red eyes give away the fact that he made me cry. He eyes me back, his gaze slanting down from my face to my bags then back up to my face. There are no emotions of shock or surprise on his face..like he was expecting me to leave sooner or later. Fresh tears refill my sockets.

"Flight is tomorrow" he tells me.

"I'm going back to India" I say pointedly making sure my voice doesn't betray me. He folds his arms on his chest and raises an eyebrow in confrontation.

"Wait till the trailer is launched tomorrow" he says in cold voice that chills my bones. I didn't exactly expect him to plead me to stay but the way he sounds so distant and unruffled makes my heart bleed even more.

"I'm sorry I can't stay with you any longer" I contemplate of shoving him away from my path but I know I don't stand a chance under his physical prowess.

"You have to" he commands and I glare at him "you've signed a contract, remember?" He smirks.

"I'll talk to Karan about it"

"No need to disturb him. Look I'm asking a favour of just one day" his voice shifts but his eyes are still veiled.

"This is how you ask for a favour?" I retort.

He joins his hand in prayer mode "Please stay for one more day, Shraddha" there's still sarcasm laced to his voice.."Pretty please?" He makes a puppy face.

I know it's hoax..and I don't want to get trapped in it again but then I rationalise my options..I don't have a ticket.. it's just one day...considering our brief history in our chemistry with each other, lot can happen in one day but only if I allow it. The only reason he can touch me is because I let him to. I'm not some horny beast that can't tame it's desires.

I look up at him "only if you apologise" I say definitely.

"What?" He flares his nostrils "For what?" He asks like he is clueless about the accusations he made a while ago.

"I was not trying to impress your dad" my voice croaks.

He sighs "Okay..sorry baba" he says superficially.

I shake my head " You don't mean it"

"How am I supposed to mean it?"he asks in impassioned manner.

"From bottom of your heart"

He slowly lets out a chuckle and I rewind my sentence in my head wondering if it somehow sounded funny.