Chapter 30

Dedicated to OhItsSaroOna and VarunDhawan for making awesome covers which I'm unable to use..:(

Varun Dhawan

First thing I do once I reach my home is dial Karan's number.

But the call gets diverted to his office number and I'm greeted by friendly voice of his personal assistant.

"Hello Karan Johar's office. How can I help you?"

"Hey, Jas. How are you? Where is Karan? I've to speak to him..it's urgent..when can I get to him?" I speak with quick short breaths like Alia.

"Karan is in meeting right now. And who is this by the way?" Jasmine aka Jas whom I've known since my AD stint with Dharma production house has seem to have long forgotten me.

"It's me. Varun. Varun Dhawan. Son of David Dhawan. Brother of Rohit Dhawan. Friend of Jasmine Kour, who needs to be reminded how she made her friend open up a restaurant in middle of night to satisfy her hunger pangs.."

"Okay...okay..I got you. But your voice is not Amitabh Bacchan's that I can recognise it from anywhere out of blue.." she laughs "Karan is engaged in script reading session which I can't really tell how long it will last"

"Okay. I'll come there. Make sure he doesn't live the office" I begin to end the call when Jas panics "Well.. Hello! I'm his PA not CIA that I can put restraining orders on him"

"Jas, please. I know you hold enough power. At least tell him I'm on my way"

~~

I sit in queue along with long row of fellows who are as eager to meet Kjo as I am. Most of them are young, good looking..models maybe. There must be audition going on for something.

My anxiety gets best out of me as I can't sit put any longer and I begin to pace in the aisle.

Finally the door opens and I almost bump into Jas whose face lits up instantly upon seeing me.

"Oye..hero!" she slaps on my forearm "Can't wait for your movie to come out!" She chirps animatedly "He is ready for you. I got you ten minutes" she whispers unnecessarily pointing at door.

"Ten minutes?" I say crossly.

"Why.. aren't they sufficient? Should I fix your appointment some other.."

"No I'll take it" I grab the door knob and rush inside.

~~

"Varun..How was your work vacation? Enjoyed yourself much?" Karan asks superficially as his attention is still collected in front of his laptop.

"It was okay" I flop on chair before him.

"Didn't you returned from long flight this morning? Jasmine said you had to meet me today ASAP and can't wait till tomorrow. She said it was matter of life and death"

She said that? Believe me she can't be any closer to truth and I'll have to treat her again as return favour.

"It's worse Karan" I keep my voice low but it gets his immediate attention.

"What did you do now?" He bends forward on his desk. It's amazing how he is always assuming I'm the obvious troublemaker.

"It's Sonam" I cut short his assumptions "She is blackmailing me"

~~

I retell every detail since my encounter with Witch in theatre to Shraddha's fish poisoning in VB's party to my call to Karan in hospital and the Witch recording our whole conversation in her cellphone.