Chapter 27

Varun Dhawan

With great confession comes greater responsibility.

I modify the famous line by a superhero as I hold Shraddha's hand all the way guiding her out of Park and don't leave it till we hail the cab.

Her head rests on my shoulder once inside the cab. She keeps on jabbering incoherently throughout.

"It's dangerous to be with you when you're drunk" I mutter not expecting her to listen. She reels her head at me with disbelief.

"It's dangerous to be with you 24/7!" She states horrified.

"Do you even know how hot you look all the time? Even when you're wearing a simple tee?" She pulls up lower end of tee exposing my abs "or not wearing anything" she bites her tongue out. Gosh..she is totally wasted, I cover my izzat back down.

"No one has the right to look sooooo hawtt! Is it even legit? And as if those killer looks were not enough, you have to pump up sexy bod. I mean look at those muscles..Woaaah!" she exclaims palpating my arm "You know how hard it is for me to resist you?" She cocks her head in front of my eyes "We girls have feelings inside us too. It is as hard for any girl to resist you as is it for guys to say..Megan Fox naked on beach. You are like male version of.."

"Okay stop talking" I hold my hand up in protest as her flattery is increasing the blood rush in my body. But sadly it's flowing in wrong direction.

She clam ups looking annoyed and I'm oddly comfortable with the silence between us.

"Will you do something for me if I ask you to?" she breaks the ice after a while whispering softly in my ear, her beer breath rakes my senses. I nod ready to do anything for her at that moment. She brings our entangled hands, which I wasn't aware I was still holding, in front of our faces.

"Just never let this go" she presses on my knuckles tighter. I gulp down the spit in my mouth managing to nod knowing deep down it'll be difficult word to keep. I have sudden urge to withdraw my hand from hers.

"You are so intoxicated" I frown in disapproval.

"You are so intoxicating" she grins at me.

~~

I carry her in my arms as by the time we reach the apartment she has passed out. I carefully place her on bed tucking her in warm blanket. I give light peck on her forehead sitting by her side staring at her sleeping face thinking all the while...

'I love you, Shraddha. I love you so much that I'm scared it might hurt you. And I don't want to hurt you. I don't want anything or anyone to hurt you. Ever'

~~

Shraddha Kapoor

I wake up with dry like Sahara dessert throat.

I get out from my blanket reaching for jar of water and drink directly through it as I'm too jaded to transfer the water to glass.

The apartment is really quite which is good as my brain is working slowly it's way back to my last night adventure. I try to trace all the details but could only remember till dragging Varun to the park. After that I can't recall much of what happened.

Anyways I shrug off what's the point of tracking down past? I'm sure to have behaved myself well, and I trust Varun enough to be with him in my inebriated vulnerable state.

He must have left early for work as it's second last day of overseas promotion and we are flying back to Mumbai day after tomorrow.

Time has flown so fast with him that this trip is already coming to an end. Being with Varun definitely gives you head rush.