ghostin

< inspired by ariana grande's song ghostin>

you been so understanding, you been so good
and i'm putting you through more than one ever should

"jack i can't keep doing this with you anymore. do you even fucking understand me?!" you say, holding back the tears that were soon to fall, instantly regretting yelling at gilinsky. he hadnt done anything wrong. in fact, at times u felt as if he was the only person who could understand you. you didn't know what was wrong with you. it felt as if everything was falling down after the loss of your beloved friend and ex boyfriend, mac miller. he had literally and metaphorically saved your life.

and i'm hating myself cause you don't want to
admit that it hurts you

jack, being the loving and caring person he is, ran to you as you fell. he holds onto you and you onto him. "jack, leave me. please. i can't drag you down with me. i know every fight i pick has a serious toll on you. i need to get through this myself" you whisper into his shirt, tears finally cascading down your face. jack looks at you, and simply shakes his head.
"i'm not hurt y/n. we all grieve in different ways. i'll be here for you, always" he says.
you look into his eyes and see the truth.
he's hurt, he's affected. he's invested so much of himself into you that every time you beat yourself up for everything you didn't know you could do to save mac, he's affected.
and you hate yourself for hurting him more than anyone else.

we'll get through this
we'll get past this
i'm a girl with
a whole lot of baggage

"i love u jack." you say, slowly getting up, wiping off the mascara that had gotten smudged.
"i love you y/n. we'll get through this together."