back to life

jacks pov

this is what she's always wanted. at least i hope so.

as one hand clasps hers, the other goes down into my pocket, making sure the box was still there.

"hey, y/n. turn around. there's a whale trying to impress you." i say, my voice quivering.

the fuck is my voice quivering for?

she laughs and my heart is filled with peace.

she turns around and then sulks.

"jaaack, there's no whale there." she whines as she turns around, only to see me on one knee.

her eyes never leave mine. not once do they go down to the ring or do they look away. instead, her hands fly up to her mouth and she whispers "jack" .

i try not to break eye contact with her.

"y/f/n, i love you so much. and it's funny cause like i thought about everything i wanted to say but if i were to truly tell you how much i love you, i'd be on one knee forever. like seriously. you're the best person that's ever come into my life. you came into my life at my lowest point and have slowly turned me into the best version of myself. everyday, i thank my lucky stars that you came into my life. waking up next to you, seeing you laugh at some dumb shit you see on the internet, seeing you cry simply because noah and allie are your 'couple goals', everything makes me happy you're mine. honestly, at times, you're the only one i feel like is always there for me. you're my light in my darkest moments, my air when i forget how to breathe, the medicine to the pain. i love you y/n. i have since the moment we met to the moment of my last breath. so, make me the happiest man alive today. will you marry me?"

she didn't hesitate and immediately shook her head yes and doesn't even try to wipe the tears off her face.

she jumps onto me and holds on right.

"i love you jack. so much." she says in my ear.

for the first time in such a long time, i'm happy.

and it's all because of her.

my y/n.

honestly, she's the only one that's watching over me
gives me oxygen when it gets hard to breathe
and if i'm wrong or right
she's always on my side
and if i lose the fight i know she'll
bring me back
bring me back
bring me back to life