>13<

"Her beauty and the moonlight overthrew ya'."

Hallelujah//Shawn Mendes Cover

Kat's POV

Shawn and I had barely just finished our collab when my dad had called us down for dinner. We sped down the stairs and my dad seemed a little shocked that Shawn was with me.

After that awkward note, we sat down at the table, a stuff silence enveloping the room.

And that is where we currently sit. Eating in silence.

"So Kat..is he your..boyfriend?" My dad asks slowly, almost as if he would embarrass me if he was wrong.

"Yeah." I smile.

Shawn's hand finds mine and he interlocks our fingers, him softly rubbing the back of my hand with his thumb.

"What are your intentions with my daughter?" He solidly asks Shawn.

"To treat and respect her like a princess. To make sure she's always happy and to protect her." Shawn smiles.

Both my dad and I were slightly taken aback at his soft yet bold words.

My dad soon breaks out into his signature toothy smile.

"You have a good guy here, Kat."

I look to Shawn, "I do, don't I?"

A small blush spreads on Shawn's cheeks and we all look at my older brother for approval.

"Why are you all looking at me?" Daniel asks.

"No reason." I laugh, "You're just being extremely quiet."

He shrugs. there is definitely something wrong. I'll have to talk to him later about it.

"Dad, do you think I could have Sara over?" I ask.

He ponders over it for a minute, "Sure. You haven't hung out with any girls yet."

"Thanks, daddy." I grin.

We finish dinner and Daniel is the first one to quickly leave to his room.

"What's up with Daniel, dad?"

He notices my concerned face and his almost mirrors it.

"I have no clue..I'm worried for him though."

"Me, too."

"Has he said anything weird to you?" My father asks.

"Not that I know of.."

We both pause in silence, "Do you wanna go talk to him?"

I nod my head and go back over to Shawn.

"Hey." He smiles.

"Hey."

"Should I head back to Nash's now?"

"Probably, I have to go fish out answers from Daniel." I groan.

"Okay! I'll text you okay, princess?"

Blush spreads across my cheeks, "Okay."

He places a quick kiss, making sure my dad wasn't watching, on my lips and hugs me before leaving.

I take a deep breath before walking upstairs toward Daniel's room. My soft knocks on his door disturb the quiet.

"Come-come in." He stutters.

"Hey." I slowly say.

"Hey."

"What's going on?"