FRIENDSHIP,LOVE AND NOTHING ELSE...-EPISODE 78

SCENE – 1

The episode starts with Shruti seeing her mom talking to a relative with excitement in phone..

Shruti’s point of view :

Stupid me… What I was about to do now?? I was trying to spoil Arnav’s mom’s image.. What did she do?? Is it the gift I am giving her for being sweet with me?? As amma said,Arnav’s mom is very kind and loveable.. Ya.. She likes me.. And I saw what happened..My mom also likes her.. Not only mom.. All my family members like their family.. As everyone say,Indian weddings don’t happen between a boy and a girl.. It happens between two families.. In every love story,the families create problem.. But in ours,we are the problem.. I am seeing mom and dad with so much excitement after a long time.. They were not so excited even for Karthi’s(her bro) marriage..(Her bro got married in the three years leap) They are really happy.. And my mom is really proud that she has got a good groom and family for her daughter.. But here,I am trying to spoil it.. No.. I am not right.. As I said,I don’t want to get married to Arnav… After all he questioned my character.. But I can sacrifice anything for my parents.. They have never said no to whichever I ask.. They did whatever I say.. And even now,they agreed for this marriage as they think that I love him even if we are from different cultures.. My relatives would be talking bad about me as I do love marriage.. But my parents are looking for my happiness only.. And my happiness is theirs.. My self esteem does not matter in front of their  happiness… So,I am not going to stop this marriage.. If Arnav wants it to be stopped, he has to do it.. And Sid,u have won.. I am a loser.. And today,I am proud that I lost.. Anything for my parents’ happiness..

She wipes the tears in her eyes..

SCENE – 2

Arnav decides to tell his mother that he wants to stop the marriage..

Arnav : Ma.. I want to say something..

Jhanvi (Arnav’s mom): Tell me beta.. I am a little busy.. We have only two days for your engagement.. I have to do arrangements..

Arnav : Ma.. Are u really happy with this marriage??

Jhanvi : Of course.. I am very happy.. My only son is getting married.. And how can I not be happy??

Arnav : Hmm.. U like Shruti??

Jhanvi : Hmm.. Very much.. She is well behaved and kind.. I like her.. Thank u beta for getting me such a daughter in law.. Do u know?? I keep on fasting so that u will get married.. I go to all the temples in the city to pray to give a happy life to u.. I was so worried when u became like a lifeless person after the death of ur friend Varsha.. I was afraid that u would spend the rest of the life living like a walking corpse.. But God answered my prayers.. He has given me a good daughter in law.. And beta.. Everything happens for a reason.. I saw Shruti for a first time in a temple.. That day too I was fasting for u.. God has answered my prayer then itself.. .I am so happy beta.. I like her family too.. Now I have to invite people for engagement..I have to go..

Arnav was dumbfounded and he watches the happiness in his mother’s eyes..
His mom coughs..

Arnav gets up and gets water for her.. His dad comes with a tablet..

Amar (Arnav’s dad) : Jhanvi.. Did u not take medicines?? How many times I have told u??

Jhanvi : I was little busy and forgot..

She gets the tablet and has it..

Arnav : Ma.. Don’t forget to have tablets.. U are very important to me Ma..

Arnav could not say anything to his mom..

Arnav’s point of view :

Ma’s health is not good.. And I am afraid that if say that I want to stop this marriage,her health would become worse.. I can’t even imagine that .. Shruti has promised me that she would stop the marriage.. Let her do that..