Pan's Labyrinth Chapter 8

Ok so I start to show a little bit of Nova's feelings for the faun in this chapter.

Calming my nerves, I returned to the Labyrinth with Ofelia. The argument with the faun still fresh in my mind. I have never considered any man upon this world or the underworld worthy of my heart or purity. But I fear that my heart may be changing for when I locked eyes with him that reflect the moons light with a brilliant blue, I could feel my heart flip in my chest, and seen him look upon me as if I was some kind of wonder to behold, I could feel my heart soar. Could I really be falling for him and if so would my purity be questioned. Could that mean I could not return home once more. Something the faun said weighing heavy on my mind. (Have you too given your purities, become lost in this mortal world and  it's men.) MY thoughts retelling what he has said. He said have you too. Does that mean he questions Ofelia's purity. Could he think I would allow her to go astray, have her soul become tainted. I feel some anger return to me at the thought. I would never! Ofelia is Princess Moanna and she will return to her rightful place, even if I can not, is my final thought as we reach the bottom of the well with Ofelia at my side. The golden key clutched tightly in her hands.

Ofelia walks over the the stone carving and examines it with curious eyes

Ofelia walks over the the stone carving and examines it with curious eyes. The carving showing the faun, Nova by his side and Ofelia holding a baby. "That's me and the girl is you." The fauns voice rings out from behind her. "And the baby?" Ofelia inquires curiously. "I see you got the key."he says. "Yes she ran off without her guardian earlier this evening to retrieve it." I said to him. Completely ignoring my presence he continued, as he chews a piece of meat like a animal and then offers some to one of his fairies. She's very glad you succeeded. She believed in you from the very start. Keep the key. You'll be needing it. And this also" handing her a peace of chalk. "There are two tasks left and the moon is almost full. Be patient." He says as he caresses her face with one long finger non to gently. "We'll soon be strolling through the seven circular gardens of your palace." Ofelia looks lost for a moment and asks "how do I know that what you say is true?" With a unnerving grin he replied "why would a poor little faun like me lie to you. She backs away from him unsure if he is trustworthy. And I cannot blame her. He is behaving so strange tonight. I reach out my hand to her and we leave the well. Me not even glancing  behind me.