Pan's Labyrinth chapter 17

Late that night Mercedes quietly crept into our chambers and woke us up

Late that night Mercedes quietly crept into our chambers and woke us up. "Ofelia, Nova wake up." Mercedes whispered. "Mercedes, shh! Ofelia, Nova I am leaving tonight." Mercedes  whisper to us. "Where are you going?" I ask. "I can't tell you. I came to say goodbye." Was Mercedes reply. Take us with you please. Ofelia pleated as she clung tightly to Mercedes.  "I can't, my child. She is right Mercedes." I said. "With Carmen gone it is to dangerous for us to remain here. We will go with you." I finished. "Quickly gather yourselves, we must go." Mercedes said. We gathered only what we could carry in a small bag and crypt quietly out the back door. 

It was raining and cold out as we moved away from the mill

It was raining and cold out as we moved away from the mill. We were afraid of being discovered so we were as quiet as we could be. Suddenly there was a noise and we pause briefly. "What? What is it" Ofelia whispered. "It was nothing" Mercedes said but I was not so sure. It was dark and my vision was limited. We turned to continue on our way and came face to face with the captain and a group of soldiers. I know this was not good. "Mercedes, Ofelia, Nova" the captain raised an eyebrow when he said my name. The soldiers quickly surrounded us to grab hold of us but I would not let them take Ofelia without a fight. I was no warrior but I could sure hold my own but one against many, my struggles to defend them was futile. I was quickly restrained and dragged back to the mill with Mercedes. They separated Ofelia and I and took Mercedes and I to the barn where we were tied to posts. 

The captain is opening a torture kit as he speaks. Mercedes and I are fighting against our restaurants. "I must admit Nova. I am quite disappointed in you. I offer you companionship and to take you in under my wing and this is how you repay me." I said nothing as my strength is weaning. I am feeling weaker as time goes by. My immortality fading with my strength. As he examined his tools his back towards us, he is telling Mercedes and I how he will torture her until she tells him everything she knows and will force himself on me then after let his men have their way as well. Mercedes surprises us when she managers to free herself and stabbed the captain in the back with a small knife she kept hidden in her waist band. She stabbed him again in the upper arm as he turned to her. That seemed to stun him enough to give her time to free me from my binds. She holds him hostage by sticking the knife in his mouth and holding him there unable to call out to his nearby troops. "Go! He won't be the first pig I've Gutted." Mercedes said. I nod my head and sneak out back to the mill where I know Ofelia is being held unseen by the many soldiers around.