Pan's Labyrinth chapter 20

Recape: Quickly Lady Nova and your majesty, bring him to me. The faun said waiting for us at the  entrance to the well. Having all my strength drained I place the Ofelia and the baby down as she runs to the faun.

"The full moon is high in the sky. We can open the portal once more" says the faun as I approach both of them from behind having caught my breath for a moment. I have never felt this weak and tired before. "What is that in your hand?" Ofelia asked. I can see It's the dagger. "What would you need the dagger for?"I ask right behind her. " The portal will only open if we offer the blood of an innocent. A pin prick that's all. Just a drop of blood. That's the final task. Hurry!" He says reaching for the baby. " Wait since when do we ever spill blood. That of an innocence or not?" I said taking Ofelia by the shoulders and gently pulling her away a bit from the faun. This only seemed to anger the faun as he raises his voice. "You promised to listen to me without question. Give me the boy!" "No my brother stays with me." Ofelia said bravely, me standing right behind her. You would give up your sacred right to this brat you barely know?" Asked the faun. "Yes I would."  Ofelia responded Immediately. You will give up your thrown for him? He who has caused you such misery and pain." Ask the faun again? "Yes I would." again Ofelia said. "And what about you lady Nova, would you give up your last chance to return home once again. Lose your immortality and die a mortal to remain with her?" Ask the faun. I have to admit it took me a moment longer to answer but my answer was the same. "Yes I would." I said as I stepped forward to him. he whispered in my ear " You've done your job. Come home and gain my love." I looked him right in those mesmerizing eyes and said my hearts truth. "Love is not gained by losing ones purity by shedding the blood of an innocent" he seemed taken aback by this. "Hmmm very well." The faun said as he took my hand and laid a soft kiss on it. "As you wish your highness" addressing Ofelia as he faded away.

Ofelia and I took a breath when the captain who I had completely forgotten about his pursuing of us grabbed Ofelia roughly on the shoulder and spun her around to face him before snatching the baby out of her arms. I didn't even hear him approach us. Ofelia reached for her brother when the captain pulled out his pistol and aimed it at her."No!" I hollered and stood in front of her to protect her when he fired. The shot went right through my lower chest and stomach and into her chest. We both dropped to the ground side by side on the edge of the well heavily bleeding. "No my princess." I pleaded weakly I reached a bloody hand for her. I was fading fast as was she. We held on to each other's hand over the opening to the well. Our blood mixing and trickling down the well. I looked to the moon that bore her and pleaded with my last breath to take my life but spare hers. Have me loss my immortality forever to save her. Before everything went black.