Pan's Labyrinth chapter 2

Nova's POV

Nova's POV.

After settling in I stayed with Carmen and Ofelia for a while. Dr. Ferreiro was fixing a sleeping medicine for Mis. Carmen to help her sleep. "Just two drops of this at bed time and you'll sleep all night." Dr. Ferreiro said as he give Carmen the glass with water and medicine. "And I'll be just in the next room." I said. "So do not hesitate to call if there is anything you need." The doctor finish for me as Carmen finished the glass. The doctor and I left Carmen to rest as Ofelia played a card game with her. 

We met Mercedes in the hall. "The captain would like to speak with both of you. He wishes to speak with you privately first Mis. Nova. He is downstairs" She says to me. I nod my head and go down as the doctor stays to speak farther with Mercedes. I arrive to the captain and ask what he needed of me. "Ah Nova I wanted to tell you there will be a dinner party tomorrow night and I like for you to be a honored guest by my wife's side." he said. "Or by mine." He finished. But the way he said it implied he wanted more and I knew it. This man is trying to make a move on me while his sickly wife lies in bed heavy with his child. To think I would give up my purity to a man such as he. I did not think I could be so disgusted by someone. I knew I couldn't denie his request without there being consequences, no matter how much I wanted to throw my rejection in his face. "It will be an honor to sit by your wife's side." I said as if I did not catch his meaning. But that did not seem to please him. "You know Nova, I never quite noticed just how beautiful you are till now." He said as he took a step closer to me causing me to go stiff. "I can take good care of you. Support you. Get you only the finest of things." He continued. He made sure that there was no mistaken his intentions. It took all that I had to not give him a nasty look. "I think you have me mistaken captain. I am not looking for a suitor." I said trying to keep my voice as leveled as possible. He hummed. "I see I will have to persuade you. Tomorrow you will see." Is all that he said as the doctor walk in and I took that as my leave and walked away to my chambers for the night.

Ok so I'm going to leave it there for this chapter. But I really wanted to make him seem like a real douchebag. Did I accomplish that? Leave a comment below.