Pan's Labyrinth Chapter 12

Early the next morning I walked Ofelia in to her mothers chambers

Early the next morning I walked Ofelia in to her mothers chambers. She has the mandrake root to help her mother get better. I hope this works. I can't help but think to myself. I have been nervous ever since the incident last night. Only one of the fauns fairies mad it back with us last night and I am concerned how he will react to have lost two of his fairies. Will he think Ofilia unworthy to return to her kingdom as Princess Moanna once more. Have I failed in keeping her soul from being tainted by this dark world. So many questions ran through my mind. As we entered, Carmen was fast asleep. There was a breakfast tray on a nearby table with worm milk. Ofelia caresses her mothers face then look to me. "Go ahead Ofelia. I will be right here." I whispered to her. She pours the warm milk into a bowl and puts the mandrake root into the milk then crawls under the bed to place the bowl. Suddenly the door opened to see the captain with the doctor. "Nova what are you doing in here?" Asked the captain. "I came to check on Carmen captain. She is looking better this morning" I replied as calmly as I could. I didn't want to give away that Ofelia was under the bed. "Her fever is down" the doctor informed. "But she still has a fever?" Asked the captain. "Yes but it is a good sign. It shows that her body is responding." responded the doctor. I take a few paces away to let them talk but did not leave because Ofelia was still hiding under the bed. I could hear the captain  speaking silently to the doctor. "Listen to me. If you have to choose, save the baby. That boy will bear my name and my father's name too." The captain whispered thinking that I couldn't hear him. And worse Ofelia was right under the bed and could hear this to. Suddenly there was a exposition outside. The captain looks outside when a second explosion rattled the windows. "Go! I'll stay here and keep an eye on her." I said to the captain as he rushes out the door. "Nova what is happening?" Ofelia asks as she comes out from under the bed. She must be a little scared. "I don't know Ofelia but I am hear with you. I will protect you." I tell her. "And mother?" Ofelia asked "Yes Ofelia your mother as well." I replied.

She tentatively nears her mother's belly

She tentatively nears her mother's belly. " Brother, brother, if you can hear me." Ofelia whispers to the baby. "Things out here aren't to good. And soon you'll have to come out. Mom isn't doing well. I'm asking you for one thing. Just one. Don't hurt her. She's very pretty. You'll see. Even though she is sad some of the time. You'll see, when she smiles, you'll love her. Nova is hear for you to. She will protect you and keep you safe. So if you do what I say, i'll make you a prince in my kingdom. I promise you, a prince." Ofelia finished. "Come Ofelia, let's let your mother and brother rest." I said as I took Ofelia's hand. 

(N/A, I know it was short but i'm Trying to get some updates done soon so bear with me.)