Chapter 14 - Universe under the Earth

After acquiring the black soil, Zhao Hai led BlockHead and RockHead in the direction of Meirin and Meg. He wants to see how the arrangements are progressing.

A lot of dwarves were extracting iron from the mine in this mountain, the mine is truly enormous, almost all the mountain range was excavated by dwarves. However, the structure of the mountain is very specific and dwarfs are skilled in the art of mining. Thus the foundation of the mine is extremely solid, there is no reason to be anxious about collapses.

Although Meirin and Meg are women in service of the Buda clan and Green is a good assistant, such issues are not a problem for them. Moreover, slaves had been reasonably agitated by Zhao Hai. Such motivation is a sufficient reason for not keeping watch over them.

But while making arrangements in the mine, it was found that not all of the space can be used. In the few dozen meters from the entrance of the mine, there is a huge free space, which is also connected with small caves. It seems like the dwarves were living and eating here. This place has been more or less arranged already, thus Blue-Eyed Rabbits can be bred here. However, farther in the mine there is a small slope in which water has gathered.

The arranged place by the entrance of the mine would be sufficient for breeding close to a few tens of thousands of Blue-Eyed Rabbits. It will not be a problem at all to keep such an amount.

These Dwarves, during many years of their stay here, designed and built something like an underground city. A source of water is nearby and there are even some drainage facilities over here. Moreover, the place is very capacious and the entrance is not far away. In spite of the gathering of water deeper, here it is very dry. It is acceptable to say that this place is perfect for the breeding of Blue-Eyed Rabbits.

Zhao Hai for the first time realized the potential of dwarves from the Iron Mountain. But in general, Iron Mountain is not high at all, the height is about 1 thousand meters, and still it extends a few thousand miles like a semi-circular ring. The Black Land is encircled by it and there is only one way out, to follow through the pit like encirclement. The castle of Zhao Hai was built almost in the mountains too, on part of the ledge of the mountain. Behind the ledge is the Iron Mountain, dwarves mined ore halfway to the top of the mountain. On the other side of the mountain is a wicked land, it is known on the continent as one of the five forbidden lands, called Rotten Lifeless Swamp (or Carrion Swamp).

The peculiar color of the Black Land ends partly in the mountain range. A little bit higher from the west to the east some weeds are growing. But their growth is bad as well, there are even some small curved trees. For certain they are malnourished with some sort of saplings growth cessation.

Seeing this, Zhao Hai unintentionally let out a sigh. He understands now, why the old nobles sent him here, and why even though Green had never been here before, he sold the belongings of the Buda Clan and spent almost all the money for buying supplies. This place is completely dead. Even if they work hard after their arrival here and will be able to eat properly, thinking about the revival of the Buda Clan is just foolishness.

At a distance, some activity by a mine can be seen. Zhao Hai walked rapidly there. Meirin and Meg were both directing slaves, so they didn’t see his arrival.

Although this mine was built by dwarves, the entrance to the mine appeared to be very spacious. The tunnel is more than 3 meters in height and 5 meters in width. Inside the huge free space can be seen. This space is connected with small caves all over the place. It is like city inside the mountain. It will not be a problem to house more than 10 thousand people here.