#59 Tinder Date-Chanyeol

Growing up while watching cheesy rom coms and kdramas, I guess my expectations from my love life had increased quite a bit by the time I was actually old enough to understand extreme  feelings like love and lust.
But on contrary to what I would have wanted to happen,my reality was very different. 
In my first year at college ,the guy I was madly in love with confessed that he liked my friend and soon started dating her,leaving me devastated.
Four years later,during my internship I met a guy who was perfect in every possible aspect and I just knew that he was the one. He asked me to be his girlfriend but soon he ended up cheating on me two years ago,and that's when I decided to never date again.
I stopped talking to boys,I stopped going out too much,I stopped myself from falling in love one more time.

But here I was, sitting in one of the finest restaurants in the city, waiting for my tinder date to arrive.
Obviously I hadn't set this date up myself. My best friend, Kyungsoo,hated seeing me this sad and lonely and decided to set me up on a blind tinder date. I was a little reluctant at first but soon I  gave in to his request,just so he wouldn't bother me with such requests anymore.

I wore a floral shirt along with light blue jeans for the date. I decided to compliment my look with a high ponytail and hoop earrings,not putting too much effort into it because I knew this would be a one time thing.

"Excuse me ma'am,would you like to order something?" The waiter asked me when. I had been sitting here for more than half an hour and my date still didn't show up. A feeling was starting to form in my stomach that I was about to be ditched.

"No. I shall do it in a while. Thank you"I replied with a smile .

As The waiter went away , my eyes fell on a handsome, extremely tall man walking towards me; or at least so I liked to believe. 
It was as if his gaze had set my body on fire but my heart at rest. His short,black hair and round face made him look breathtakingly beautiful  and his soft ,plump lips making  me feel things I didn't even think I would feel.

My heart screamed , hoping this man was my date. But I didn't want false hope either. I didn't want to be disappointed.

"Excuse me Miss,are you (y/n)?" The man asked me. I almost forgot to breathe for a second. 
Was this happening for real?

He stood towering over me, glancing at me with a smile. I just hoped he didn't notice how badly I was panicking.

" Yes. I am (y/n)" I replied. His smile widened as he sat in front of me, thrusting his hand.

"I knew you were her the moment I saw. My date is always the prettiest. I'm Chanyeol,by the way"he said.
I shook his hand, which was so smooth yet so large.

"So.."he started,now sinking into his seat. "Kyungsoo told me stuff about you"

I sighed in disbelief. That guy can never keep quiet about my tragic love story,can he?

"I'm over it ,I swear. It's just..."I fell short of words to explain myself. And I thought to myself,it's just that you don't trust anyone anymore.

He raised an eyebrow, waiting for me to finish my sentence.

"It's just that I don't know if I can give my hundred percent to anyone anymore"I said.
He hummed in response and smiled,making my butterflies erupt in my stomach.

"Anyway, let's not talk about the past shall we?"he asked in a gentle tone. I nodded.

"So you work at the hospital? You're a doctor,am I right?"he asked again.

"Yes. I am a pediatrician"I replied,proud of my achievements.

"Children,huh? You like them?"

"Yes. Oh God. I love children so much. I have a soft spot for children. Ever since I was in college, I've been visiting this orphanage and till date,I celebrate my birthday there everyyear,without fail. I have made tons of donations for the betterment of such orphanages and when I get married,I hope to adopt two children so I can give them a better life; everyone can give birth,you know ,but not everyone can be a mother" I said. I felt breathless on having spoken so much but he had  touched a topic I was passionate about,I couldn't  help but blabber.

I found him looking at me with a soft expression on his face,his hands clutched in front of his chest and his eyes attentive and observant.

"I'm sorry. Did I speak too much?"I asked, feeling heat rush to my face.

He giggled. "God,no. Hell no! Kyungsoo told me I'd like you at the first glance,but" he leaned towards me, " I didn't know I'd like you this much!"

I gulped as he said those words. Was he being honest or just being sympathetic?

"Chanyeol,you know that I -" he cut me off with a small Peck on my cheeks, catching me off guard.
My heart raced and sweat started forming on my forehead as he took my hands in his.

"I know you're scared and that you have trust issues,but if you agree to this" he said , referring to us. "I will make you so ,so ,so happy. No empty promises"

I smiled at his genuine efforts and felt my heart melt for his sweetness. Is it bad that I wanna date him too? Will I be left hurt again?

"What if I won't be able to give you my hundred percent?"I asked.

"I shall be happy even with 20% of your efforts. As long as you are happy and comfortable with me,I will need no other efforts."he said.

I leaned down and pecked his cheek, leaving him dumbfounded.

"Then , I'm in"I said with a smile and an old ,fuzzy  feeling starting to reappear in my chest.

************************************

Guess who's back???
Hope you guys liked this short imagine because boyfriend Chanyeol is superior 😍😍

You guys are free to request imagines as much as you want since I'm pretty much free all the time.

See you guys soon 💓

Also thank you EliseAntheia for the amazing book cover!! I am so pleased with your work and I can assure you,this won't be the last time I request a cover from you 😂
thanks again 💕