Chapter 28

Jesse pov.

Jess left no longer than a hour ago heading to aidens. I wanted to be there to see his face when he opened the door. At first I didn't want to answer the door but Jess had me thinking about what she said. We always had each other's back. I know she wouldn't hurt me on purpose. I know giving Jess the command block was a risk but I don't think she would lie to me. If she really needed it I couldn't say no to her. I just wished she'd hurry up and come home. Everyone's changed after her disappearance. Petra started going hunting more often to distract her from sadness. Lukas started keeping himself as busy as possible. I can't fall asleep at night in hopes that she'll return. Aiden hasn't smiled since she left. I felt tears escape my eyes as I think back to our old memories. Back before the witherstorm. I wonder where Petra is? No one has seen her in two days. I hope she is ok.

Petra pov.
I had left beacon town three days ago to go hunt. I haven't told anyone because I knew Jesse would try to come. I just need a little alone time. To process everything. With Jess gone I have no female to talk to. Jess was like a sister to me. If I wasn't picking on Jesse she was. We would always go on mini adventures by ourselves. I remember when we got locked out of the house because Jess forgot her key. It was raining hard outside we had to call Jesse to bring us the spare key. Jesse, sweet lovable jesse. He's always overprotective of his sister. He literally tried to kill Aiden when he found out they started dating. But lately he's been less caring about everything. He's been so down I know he misses Jess. That a reason I fell in love with him. He cares so much for his sister. "Well time to head home." As I was packing up I heard a noise in the bushes so I went to investigate. Seeing it was nothing I walked back to my spot to finish packing. I felt someone staring at me so I turned around. I seen Jess and Jesse uncle Herobrine. He hit me in the head and I fell. Darkness consuming my mind. Hours later I wake up my vision still blurry. I look up and see two figures arguing one appears to be a girl. She said something and he grabs her neck lifting her off the ground and has his glowing fist close to her face. He lets her go and she drops to the ground gasping for air as he leaves the room.

Jess pov

"You said you would leave my family alone!" Herobrine has Petra unconsciously in a cell.
"You said family not friends. Besides she's just bait to attract Jesse here so I can get the command block and kill him and become powerful." I growl. "Idiot." He grabs me by my neck and lift me in the air. "Let's not forget I can easily kill you Jessica." He says bringing his glowing hand dangerously close to my face. Sighing he lets me go storming out of the room. I gasp for air and crawl over to Petra as I see her wake up. She looks at me. "Jess omg I'm so happy to see you!" She hugs me tears going down her face. "Where is Jesse? I need to get to him before herobrine does." She shrugs. "I was hunting when he hit me in my head." I shook my head standing up. "He's using you as bait. Our uncle needs the command block. But little does he know I have it." I wave to her before exiting the room. As I'm about to leave I see my uncle and Jason talking. I take off running into the direction of jesse's house. I knock twice then he answered. "Jess it's- what's wrong?" He must've seen the worried look on my face. "Herobrine has Petra." His pupils dilate. "No stay here." Before he could protest. "He's using her as bait. He is going to kill you if you come." I give him a quick hug and put my locket in his hand. "If I don't come back give this to jaiden when he's older." He nods. I turn around to walk away. "Wait Jess one more picture!" He says running up to me. He snaps a quick picture and run off yelling bye. I walked back to the house but made a quick stop to grab Petra something to eat. I entered the cell where Petra was. "Hey how you holding up?" She looked up at me. "Hungry and tired." She put her head down. I sat down on the ground and placed the pizza in front of her with some pop. She nodded her head to thank me and took a slice. I grabbed a slice and a cup of pop. A half hour later the whole pizza was gone and the pop was drunk up. "Well I'm going to head to bed. Nite pe-" I turned around and she was already sleeping. I sighed. I grabbed her arms and dragged her to the bed. It took me a while to get her on it but eventually I did. I put her blanket over her and closed the cell to head to my room. When I opened it I got hit with a breeze. I forgot I opened it. Closing it I put on some pajamas and went to sleep letting darkness cloud my vision.