Chapter 21: A Town That Welcomes Pirates? Setting Foot On Whiskey Peak!

Recap:

"Yes, since we don't have our weapons anymore, we'll go back to our office and start all over." Miss Wednesday says. "Yes we shall then!" Mr. 9 replies. Miss Wednesday looks over to you, watching you giggle as you hugged the large whale. She smirks, already cooking up a plan inside her head.

"And, ask for permission, to engage in Operation: Kidnap Water Bearer Y/n!" she declares. Mr. 9 starts frantically digging in the pockets of his jacket, looking for something. He starts to panic, as he can't seem to find it. Miss Wednesday notices. "What's the matter?"

Mr. 9 starts to cry comical tears, smiling nervously. "It's gone........." he cries. "What?!"

On the deck, Mist notices a strange compass, that was sphere shaped, with a purple band around it. He frowns, and goes to look at it. "Is this what they call a 'Log pose'?" he mutters. Luffy walks onto the deck, with you behind him. The two of you look in surprise, seeing the little trinket. Meanwhile, Usopp has finished reattaching the mast to the ship, with Zoro sleeping next to him. Sanji was going to cook the large Elephant Bluefin Tuna he won.

"Hm? What's that?" he says, pointing to it. You are about to ask the same thing, when you hear Nami let out a loud scream. You and Luffy turn in her direction. Laboon gets a little frightened as he dives underwater. "What's going on? Quiet down." he whines.

Sanji pops up to where Nami is by the light house, carrying four large plates with different dishes made with the Elephant Bluefin Tuna. He danced around with hearts in his eyes and two plates in his hands and one on his head, followed by one balance on his leg.

"What's wrong Nami-swaaaan~? If it's food you're worried about, it's ready!~" he says happily.

Usopp climbs the ladder up to where Nami and Sanji were now, followed by you and Luffy. "Th-the compass is broken! It doesn't point in any direction!" she screams. The five of you look over at the compass, seeing the needle was just spinning nonstop in all directions.

"It's spinning!" Usopp says in shock. You tilt your head in confusion. "Why's it doing that?" Luffy's mouth makes an 'O' shape. "Whoa, that's cool!"

"Looks like you guys came here with no knowledge. For heaven's sake, did you come here to die?" Crocus groans. Nami turns to him, confused. "What?"

Luffy notices the food that Sanji had brought up to the table by the lighthouse. "Ooh! Food!" Sanji sighs, knowing that he was gonna pester him to eat if he didn't say he could in advance. "Eat in your case!" he says, then focusing his attention on Crocus. "I thought I told you, common sense is useless in this sea. It's not that the compass is broken." he begins.

"Hm? Then could it be the magnet fields are-" Nami mutters. "That's right." he nods. "The islands in the Grand Line contain lots of magnetic materials. Because of that, they are causing abnormality throughout the Grand Line. Furthermore, the winds and the currents don't have a constancy."

Upon hearing the last part, you panic a little bit. "The currents?! Does that mean I can't control them?"

"No, you can still control them. They'll just be harder to control. I wouldn't rely on your power so much. And you," He turns to Nami. "If you're a navigator, you know how scary that is."

Nami nods in agreement. "It's true that if we don't have a way of knowing our direction, it's hopeless." You admit, you were a little panicked. The only way you were able to make it up Reverse Mountain is because you moved the ship with the currents. And that was a challenge.

Meanwhile, Luffy was munching away on the Elephant Bluefin dishes Sanji made. Your stomach growls from the amazing smell. You wanted to reach over and grab a piece, but you knew this was important. "Yummy!" Luffy yells with his mouth full.