Chapter 19: An Angry Showdown! Cross The Red Line!

Recap:

Grandpa Ryu's eye turn in the direction of you and Apis. "Yeah. I know. I will save Apis!" Luffy says frantically. "And take you to the dragon's nest! So, fight hard to stay alive!" Apis sobs in your arms, then looks out a Grandpa Ryu. "GRANDPA RYU!!!!"

"Just hang on!" Mist cries. Luffy was trying to pull out Grandpa Ryu, with Mist pushing him to surface, but the senile dragon was too heavy for the two of them; no matter their strength. Nami was gripping tightly on the railing, watching this. "Damn those guys!"

Zoro and Sanji look back at the rest of the crew and Apis and Grandpa Ryu. "This is bad." Sanji nods, looking down at the dragon. "Yeah. He can't swim, huh?"

Meanwhile Commodore Nelson is watching the scene from his ship, pulling out his pink fan to cool himself off. His entire body was sweating, from Grandpa Ryu's attempted attack. "That was close! It came right for me!" One soldier uses his telescope to look from afar, observing how Grandpa Ryu was sinking slowly. He also spotted Mist. "Commodore! The Millennial Dragon is starting to sink! And there is a strange pink dolphin next to it!"

"Fire a harpoon at them, and drag them to the ship!" he yells. Commodore Nelson is carried by the Navy soldiers over to where the harpoon launcher is set. When they are ready, Commodore Nelson smirks, pointing at Mist and Grandpa Ryu. "Fire at them!"

The long black harpoon is released, with a rope attached to the end. Luffy goes to stop it, but you run in front of him and Grandpa Ryu. Mist lets you stand on him, and you bend the water in the air to catch the harpoon. "What?!"

Luffy lets out a loud, "Whoa that was close!" You grit your teeth, your fist clenched tightly. "What the hell are you doing?!" Commodore Nelson lets out a laugh, loud enough you could hear him from where you were standing. "You have no idea of the value of the thing you stand on! All I want is the Millennial Dragon's bones! Once I have it's Dragonite, I can attain everlasting life!"

You step off of Mist, hopping onto Grandpa Ryu's head.The water around the harpoon forms into a large fist, grabbing the harpoon tightly. You reel your arm back, along with the water fist holding the harpoon. You throw it at the ship, aiming for Commodore Nelson. The harpoon hits the ship, but barely grazes past him. He sits there in shock, his petty fan now shredded. "Grandpa Ryu isn't an "it"! And neither is Mist! They're our friends! They're our dear friends who are on a journey with us!"

Commodore Nelson scoffs. "What utter nonsense! If that's the case, you can sink with your pathetic "friends!" How dare you fire a harpoon at me! Fire at that brat!"

"B-but sir, if we do that, we'll blow up the Millennial Dragon too!"

"No matter! Bone fragments will do just fine!"

"Y-yes sir! Aim the sub cannons out to sea!"

Grandpa Ryu groans, as he sinks a little bit more in the water. Luffy is by his side, his left foot dipping in the water. "You're fine with staying here?! What kind of wimpiness is that?!" You look back at the two. "Grandpa Ryu. I can't understand you like Luffy, Apis and Mist but, I can tell you that you're not going to give up! We're going to take you to the dragons' nest at all costs!"

Luffy nods, trying to keep the dragon's focus on him. "Yeah! Don't worry about Apis, we'll protect her." The ground suddenly starts to shake. All of the villagers on Warship Island feel it too, and some are sent in a panic. You look up at the ship and see Apis tied to Usopp's back. She is clearly trying to come down where you and Luffy were. "Untie these ropes! I need to be with Grandpa Ryu!"

Usopp shakes his head. "L-leave Grandpa Ryu to Luffy and Y/n!" Apis tries to escape still. "No, no, no! I gotta go!" Nami let out a yelp as she was trying to regain her balance. "The entire sea is shaking! What's going on?! What's happening?!"