Chapter 42: Ace and Luffy: Brotherly Bonds!!

Recap:

"HEY!" 

"WHAT?!" Both you and Luffy scream at the new voice, wondering who was intruding on your rather important argument. And of course, there were now surrounding men armed with guns and swords, waiting to pounce on the three of you.

"Oh...." you and Luffy both say in unison.

"Stop right there Fire Fist Ace! Water Bearer Y/n!" A large man with two swords strapped to his back and gold rings steps forward, and you can only guess he's the leader. "You have nowhere to run now. Your heads are mine!"

"Eh? What about me??" Luffy asks pointing to himself. "Huh?" the man replies with a smug look. "Ah I remember you now. Straw Hat Luffy." he says everyone surrounding the three of you now tensing up even more. 

"H-He's worth 30 million berries!" 

"T-Talk about luck!" The man stutters, before the smug look returns. "A-Anyways! This is where it ends for you three! Now th-"

"Anyways, let's find your ship." Ace says as the three of you casually walk past the man, "Yeah, maybe Mist can tell me where the ship is," you add not really worried about the men who were said to "take your heads"

Immediately the man leading this band of men turned around and shouted with fury, "GET THEM!" And so the "battle" began. One man charged at Luffy, going to stab him with his sword, but Luffy easily dodged to the left only to find three more men behind him where he easily dodged.

A group of men surrounded Ace with their pistols pointed at him, but Ace was swift to drop to his feet, as he kicked out their feet from under them, and jumping on another while slamming his heel into another.

Two men charged at you, and despite their large buff size, they were rather clumsy as you easily dodged the two, pulling out one of your katana, and smacking the hilt in the back of their neck, as they hit the ground. 

"Hold that bastard down!!" In an instant more than half of the group of men gathered around Luffy, trying to pin the male down. For a brief second you were worried Luffy would be in a pinch, but of course it faded away once you saw Luffy's arm stretch and grab on to the line of clothing drying above, easily knocking all the men off of him.

"What the hell?!" One man exclaims. "He has Devil Fruit powers?!" Instantly the men below with pistols fired them at Luffy, only to watch in horror and fear when they see the bullets bounce back in their direction.

"Don't scare me like that you jerks!" Luffy shouts, having been caught off guard by everyone firing their guns in unison. You let out a small yelp as the bullets also came at you and Ace, but the two of you were able to dodge with ease. Luffy hops down, staring at the men that were knocked out thanks to the three of you.

Finally, the leader of this operation pulled out his large, thick sword from his back, swinging it continuously at Luffy, who was able to jump and dodge the blade. Finally Ace intervened, grabbing the sword by the blade, unfazed by the man's strength.

Luffy took this as a signal to prepare his attack, as he stretched his arms back. "Gum Gum..." Meanwhile Ace heated up the blade of the sword, making the man cry out in pain as he removed his hands from his weapon. 

"BAZOOKA!" Luffy's hands hit him directly in the chest, sending him flying and causing the other men to panic. With that settled, you put away your katana, and join the two brothers in walking away from the now speechless bounty hunters. 

"D-Don't let them scare you!!" one man yells finally, "The ranking of Number Agent is riding on this!!" You raise an eyebrow hearing this. 

"Ooh I see the ocean!" Luffy says, running forward. "Do you see your ship?" Ace asks before the three of you turn to see the large crowd of bounty agents was still present. You sigh softly again, figuring you should at least try to get some information out of them.