Chapter 39: Goodbye Drum Island! Alabasta's Hero!

Recap:

"So let's give him a warm welcome!"

"This...." Chopper begins. "Is the most fun I've ever had!" He laughs, making Nami smile. 

"Cheers!" Usopp yells. "To Chopper!"

The following day....

"Aaah....Zoro...I want to die..." you groan, laid up in bed with an ice pack on your head. Chopper and Zoro were both at your bedside, shaking their heads in disapproval.

"If you couldn't handle drinking, why did you?" he asks rolling his eyes.

"Y/n..." Mist shudders. "Don't ever try to make me drink again...Please." he begs.

"I won't, I won't." you groan, feeling like the whole world was spinning. "Long as you look out for me too...."

"What a bunch of wimps." Zoro crosses his arms over his chest, earning a scolding from Chopper.

"You shouldn't drink at all to begin with!" He says, "It's bad for your health!" Chopper hops down from his small metal stool, heading out the door. "I'll be right back!" He declares.

And with that, Zoro stands as well, letting out a loud exhale. "Well, I had a card game with Usopp and that damn Love Cook." He muttered. "See ya," 

Now you were were completely alone in the room, with an awful hangover. You let out a sigh, which only sent a pang of pain throughout your head and making it much worse.

Around thirty minutes later, you finally came out of your room, hissing and squinting your eyes from the bright sunlight as it hit your face. You could see Chopper was sitting on the railing next to the Merry head, where Luffy is sat. On the other side of the deck, was Sanji, Zoro and Usopp who were in the middle of a card game. Mist was talking with Vivi, which you found to be quite odd.

'They sure have been hanging out a lot recently...'

"Amazing!" Your attention focuses back on Chopper, who stares at the sea with a gleam of joy in his eyes. "The sea is so big!"

"Of course!" Luffy replies, "And the ones who get to go on adventures on the sea are pirates!"

"Wow! Pirates are incredible after all- eh?" Chopper looks up as a large shadow passes over the Merry. You follow his gaze upward, only to see a very large bird. It was practically two times the size of the Merry!

"What is that?!" Chopper screeches. 

"A seagull," Luffy says calmly making you facepalm.

"That's way too big to be a seagull Luffy." you sigh, shaking your head at the male. Honestly, this boy....

"Oh, Y/n!" Luffy looks at you with realization. "You're better now? You're done being sick? Wanna play tag?"

"Whoa whoa take it easy Rubber Man." you wave your hands in a sort of panicked manner. "Let's focus on the situation at hand." you point back at the so-called, "seagull"

"Oh, right." Luffy begins to wave to the bird. "Oii!!! Seagull!! Over here!"

The bird makes a sharp turn, and starts coming for the Merry at full speed. It's then you get a closer look and see that it was indeed the face of a seagull. "Ah I see..." you mutter nodding your head.

"That's not important!!" Nami hisses. "It's coming because you told that idiot to call it!"

The seagull opens it's mouth, revealing its' sharp teeth, and scoops up Luffy, taking him into the sky. You, Nami and Chopper visibly pale seeing the bottom half of Luffy's body in its' mouth.