Once Again

Chapter 5

It was one of those days where you wished you could spend the whole day, snuggled inside the bed, doing absolutely nothing. Those days when there would be nothing worry about. Those days were long gone, about 5 years ago.

"Wakey wakey!" Sasha screamed, shaking your body vigorously and sprawling the blanket to the floor, exposing your almost naked body to the cold air.

"Someone seems to be happy. Extra happy to be exact." Mikasa said, placing her red scarf around the neck before heading out the room. You groaned in exhaustion, but nevertheless left your bed.

"Yeah. Why are you so happy?" You asked, grabbing your usual uniform. The overly enthusiastic brunette started jumping on top of your bed, messing all of its edges, "You better clean that up later Sasha."

"It's just that," She hopped off the cushion, quickly making her way to you and grabbing your shoulder. Her excitement was slowly getting into you as the corners of your lips started lifting, "I found some baloney safely kept inside the pantry."

You pushed her away while you buttoned up your shirt, "I'm out. I'm not helping you steal it." You said, already midway predicting what she was planning to do next. Memories of your childhood started flooding in, especially the times where Connie would invite you to steal some potatoes or carrots from the village's market. 

"Fine. Don't expect me to share it later." She said as she walked to the exit, but not before giving you a tempting look. Shifting gazes to the rest of the room, Ymir and Christa carefully analyzed your behavior, waiting for your answer.

"I said no Sasha!"

"Whatever!"

•••

You waked besides Connie, climbing up Wall Rose for cleaning duty. Drops of sweat trickled down his temple, as Connie kept constantly rubbing his hands against his pants. Anyone could've noticed how uneasy he was feeling, but you restrained from asking for clarifications.

As you reached the top, your eyes wandered around searching for a specific giant who you've been wanting to talk a few hours ago. Yet, Bertholdt was nowhere to be found.

"Hey, wasn't Bertholdt supposed to be here?" You ask Connie, grabbing a towel and cleaning the shiny, metal cannons. While your callused hands thoroughly rubbed the cloth against the metal, suspicions started arousing at the tip of body, slowly making its way to your head.

You glanced at Connie as his eyes widened, but were rapidly replaced by stoic ones, "Why don't you ask him?" He said with an angering tone. You raised an eyebrow, confused at what Connie was trying to transmit. 'What does he mean?' 

"I saw him with some girl last night, no big deal." He spat, fixating his cold glare away from you. 

You licked your dry lips, not being able to blink but deciding to give Connie a quick answer. Giving him no reactions would only suggest you felt weak and insecure, "Oh." Your heart seemed to be inside your skull as if it was pumping sanity away from you, your mind pondering slowly as things suddenly became dark.

"Thank you for the information." You said, resuming your cleaning but failing so since your hand was shaking far too much. Connie pulls your hand away from the cannons, slapping the back of your head and only worsening the pain.

"Look at you. Letting a boy mess up your feelings, I honestly thought you were stronger." He said, shaking his head sideways and giving you a disappointing look. Being emotionless was your all time goal, but sometimes it turned out to be impossible to accomplish.