Armin's Birthday

Chapter 14

"They've been hugging for too long... it's starting to worry me. Are they petrified or something?" Sasha asked, peering through the window while observing you and Jean still embracing, under the pleasant shadow.

"It's called love Sasha, you should try it sometime." Connie answered, also staring ahead.

The maladroit female pouts to herself, suddenly becoming interested on the so called 'love'. Her hands began perspiring at the mere thought of lips colliding and hands intertwining, soon enough a faint blush appeared across her face. Yet, Sasha repelled herself from feeling such silly emotions and decided to take it the immature way.

"You mean that... what I feel for potatoes is love?" She questioned, looking over at Connie with a foolish smirk. The male chuckles, only nodding at how pitiful his friend was. Little did he know how furtively was Sasha gazing at him, her ears turning pink and warm with emotions that were far too unusual for the brunette to understand.

She looked back out the window, exhaling a long sigh.

•••

His warmth soon enveloped your whole body, before Jean pushed you away with a kind grin. You gave a weak smile, trying to hide the pain of your muscles, that seemed to worsen after the bone-crushing hug.

"We should do something." Jean mumbled, helping you with your crutches while you swallowed down the yelps of pain at every touch. Nevertheless, you nodded in agreement and paced off towards the rooms.

It was, indeed, a casual and perfect day to spend some time, just wandering about and worrying about absolutely nothing. Even the birds decided to take a quick visit, decorating the radiating sun that beamed above your head. And although you could hardly bear the physical pain itching your flesh, there couldn't be a better company other than Jean.

"What do you have in mind?" You grit your teeth, relieving some pain by every step. Jean sighed, caressing his chin with a thoughtful expression, its cuteness managing to make you smile ever so slightly.

"Hmm... How about a day at Sina?" He suddenly suggests, leading you to your cabin with hopeful eyes.

Not wanting to crush his feelings, you reluctantly agreed regardless of the agonizing pain in your bones. Besides, Jean could perhaps help you settle on what regiment to choose when the time arrives or perhaps not. Though that didn't matter as much, spending some spare time with him would always be granted.

"Ok. I'll meet you at the cafeteria when you're ready." Jean says with a wide grin, content to have you accepted the invitation. You smile back, glad that he was feeling better.

•••

"So this is Sina?" You gasped, analyzing every bakery, boutique, and small convenient stores placed at every corner of the city. Elegant aristocrats roamed the streets, with their colorful garments and clothes. It was a delightful sight, almost too heavenly to be true.

Jean accompanied close, raising his nose and sniffing at the warm scent of bread mixed with the extravagant perfume of a nearby flower shop. He also seems amazed at the sight, his eyes shifting from every side as if not getting enough of the view. The happiness of the crowd soon contaminated you, though you still felt deprived from freedom inside this even bigger set of walls.

A fragile woman approached with a weak smile, both hands lifting the most immaculate daisy you've ever seen. Jean delicately grabbed it, subsequently placing the soft flower on your ear.