Chapter IV

A few months had passed, our numbers decreasing drastically. I pinched the bridge of my nose, thinking about when will this absurd war end. I looked at my window, feeling a weird chakra coming from outside, could it be...? I stood up and walked cautiously to my door, slightly opening it. I widened my eyes and immediately everything went pitch black.

—Time skip—

I woke up feeling nauseous, I still couldn't see anything, I didn't know if there was a light source or not. I tried opening my eyes and I felt my eyelashes get pushed away by something. Apparently I am blindfolded. My breath started to pick up its pace, I felt uneasy. "Hm, you finally woke up, Tsukiko." That voice, I felt goosebumps appearing on my skin. "Who are you? Where am I?" I heard a malicious laugh and a hand squeezing my neck. "I think you know who I am, and being one of the strongest Uchiha, like me, of course, I need something you have. And I will gladly take it." I started choking, I felt his grip crushing something in my throat. "And what is that?" I tried not to mumble. "Well, your eyes of course!" He let go of my throat and took the bandage off. I slowly opened my eyes, giving them time to adjust. "I am not giving in that easily, you will have to kill me to take my eyes." I smirked, trying to think of a plan. I was tied up, my hands on my back and my legs to the floor. I tried to place my hand on the floor, I didn't know how long it would take Yomi to get here, but I had to try. "I see what you're doing there, you won't be able to reach the floor. I am not stupid, Tsukiko." He mocked me and turned around, grabbing a kunai. I closed my eyes and tried to focus, I only had seconds at best. "Yomi, please. Come rescue me. Yomi." I tried to make contact with him. Madara threw the kunai at me, cutting little hairs from the top of my head. "You missed." I smirked trying to gain some time. I could see some anger in Madara's sharingan. He closed his eyes for a moment, only to reveal another stage. "I was just toying with you." He looked straight into my eyes, making me feel trapped and breathless. "This, is the beauty of the Mangekyo Sharingan. After I take your eyes, I will become stronger and not even your Senju friends will be able to stop me." I felt a thick liquid pouring down from my eyes, I felt the sting once again. A few moments later Madara's body started being consumed by black flames. "Amaterasu, huh? It seems you possess the Mangekyo as well, too bad this feels too light on my body." I widened my eyes. Amaterasu? I tried to change my strategy and felt a grumble coming from the ceiling. We both looked up to see Yomi spitting a huge fireball at Madara. He slashed at the chains that held me down. I took my sword from the table and charged against Madara, who jumped to the other side avoiding my attack. "Next time who's going to save you? I bet your dragon won't make it." He smirked and left, jumping from tree to tree. I glanced at a pool of blood behind me. Yomi was laying on the floor with a slash on his neck. I ran over to him trying to stop more blood from coming out of his wound. I saw my tears falling on his black scales, I needed to be strong and keep my mind focused. I closed my eyes and placed my hands on top of his wound, I had practiced medical ninjutsu but wasn't very good at it, even Fujin-sama admitted it. I let out a quick laugh picturing that moment. After a few minutes, blood stopped dripping. "This should help" I torn a piece of cloth from my shirt and wrapped it around his wound. "I'm sorry Yomi, I should've been stronger, this wouldn't have happened, I-" "No, Tsukiko, you did well, I should have been faster. Thank you for healing me." I nodded and gave his wound a quick peck. "I think we both need to get better at something." I started to cast the jutsu Fujin-sama gave me. If I can merge my body with Yomi's, I guess I could take him back to the village without him flying there. I guess I should try. Yomi growled when he saw the handsigns. "Tsukiko, you don't know what you're doing!" I glared at him. "I know what I'm doing, I am not going to let you die, idiot. We need to go back." He widened his orange orbs and sighed. All of a sudden, his body disappeared and scales started growing on my arms, chest and some on my head, it was like an armor. I felt my heart beat faster, I felt a crazy amount of energy going through my body, like a shockwave. I jumped on a tree and made my way back to the village.