Chapter XIX

"We got the reports from the Yamanaka Clan." A shinobi placed a scroll on Hashirama's table. He had sent the woman over to them to get more information or a face as a lead. Hashirama eyed the contents, his eyeballs moved slowly from side to side. "Hm, there must be something else we can do, I think ask them personally is off the table but..." Hashirama glanced at us, making me feel uncomfortable. "Unless, we inflitrate." We as a village, we as a group of three or we as in Tobirama and I? "Brother, you can't go, they will recognize you instantly." Tobirama spat at his brother, turning around with his arms resting on his chest.

He paced around the room, making me feel uneasy. "Well, they would recognize you too. Silver hair, red markings..." Tobirama brushed him off and kept walking around, humming. "Alright guys, I'll do it." I said, Tobirama stood by my side and widened his eyes. "You can't go Tsukiko! I couldn't live with myself if something..." I cut him off, gripping his forearm, I pressed again and nodded. "It's fine, I can be stealthy, I can disguise myself pretty well and if something happens, Tobirama, I'll make sure to shut them up." I felt a burning sensation in my stomach, and started stinging around my throat, my arms, I felt my muscles pound against my skin. I walked over to the window trying to breathe fresh air, Tobirama seemed to notice my restlessness and snaked his hand around my waist.

"Everything alright?" My sight was still focused outside, it took me a moment to process he had actually spoken. I nodded and smiled at him, trying to brush it off. I walked back and sat in front of Hashirama who started fidgeting. "So, I guess I need to ask around and so and so, right?" Hashirama took his time to answer, he stood up and walked around his office. "I got it! The perfect script Tsukiko!" He sat down in a jolt with a smirk. I felt scared for my life. He started explaining the situation with laughs in between. Tobirama stood there growling all the time. He didn't want his lover to go around asking for a place to live with a man that is not him.

"If you encounter enemy nin that want to take you out, try as much as you can to stay in character, if not, make sure to...you know." I nodded and walked out of his office to prepare for my vacation. Tobirama walked next to me, being an overprotective lover. "I don't think this is a good idea, Tsukiko. What if there's too many of them and this person is not even a shinobi?" I chuckled and patted his back. "First of all, I don't think Hashirama is stupid enough to send me with a person who has no skill. Second of all, if there's too many we'll retreat or take them out. Tobirama have some faith in me, it's all i'm asking!" I clang on his arm and pecked his cheek, which caused him to blush and hug my side.

—Time skip—

I sat on my bed, trying to think of everything I would be needing for the mission. The trip would take weeks. I paced around my room, trying to think of a faster way to reach Kumogakure without having to fight a bunch of enemies and wasting my energy on nothing. I went back to my room with a cup of tea in my hands, I placed it on the counter and saw the talisman blinking with a faint light. It reminded me of Yomi and my clan. I widened my eyes and tried to summon something, I kept slamming my palm on the floor but just hurt my hand. "I don't have the mark." I facepalmed and kept thinking of a way to either go there or summon someone. I looked at my talisman and entered Sage Mode. I closed my eyes and focused on the dragons, I didn't know if I could even make contact with one, I didn't know if they were gone. The clan was supposed to move here but the clansmen that were still alive decided to stay, despite the amenities Konoha offered.

I felt something disrupt my mind, like noise. I kept trying to make contact, my mind couldn't stay focused on the distant noise, it felt like I was about to grasp it and then it disappeared. I gritted my teeth and opened my eyes, the noise disappeared once again. I slammed my fist on the wall, and took a moment to regain calmness to attempt the contact with that thing. I closed my eyes and this time the noise sounded closer, I could make out some words, I kept calling until I appeared in a forest. I looked at my feet, they were blurry. I looked around and felt in a familiar spot. I kept waking wherever my feet took me.

"Akari-san!" I yelled in excitement, I didn't know if she would be able to hear me, I was like a spirit. I ran to her direction and kept yelling. I saw her turn around and land a few meters away from me. "Akari-san, you can hear me?" She narrowed her eyes and smelled me. "I can see you too, Tsukiko. It's been too long." I felt a big relief and hugged her neck, making her flinch at my actions. "Sorry." I scratched the back of my neck with a nervous smile. "Yomi didn't fly you?" She looked around for him but focused her sight on me at the end.

"Yomi is...gone. He protected me." My voice started breaking at the thought of the claw piercing his chest. "He really liked you, i'm glad he had the death he wanted." I widened my eyes at Akari's chuckle. "I'm impressed how you got here, in that state. Your spirit literally left your body and came here. The only person who could do that was Fujin-sama. Is there anything you need?" I felt my heart flutter at her remarks. "Long story, there's a so-called war going on right now and I need to gather intel from the village that declared the war. Getting to Kumogakure would take me weeks and..." Akari started nodding. "I'll fly you, no worries. I know what Yomi thought of you and for him to look up to a shinobi is hard, almost impossible." I smiled and told her where to meet me. "Wait, Akari-san! How can I go back?" I asked her on mid-flight, she just rolled her big purple orbs and flew away.

"Kai" I said after a few tries, and I was finally back home. Tobirama stood in front of me with a puzzled look. "I thought you were dead or something." I stood up and grabbed my stuff. "Sorry, I will explain later, I have to go!" I opened the front door and my stuff just fell from my hands. I turned back and jumped on Tobirama, my legs around his waist and my arms caging his neck. "I'm going to miss you, I love you." I crashed my lips on his, I hope this is not the last time I get to taste those warm and soft lips. His touch tightened around my waist. His lips were working magic, the coordinated moves made it impossible for me to pull away. "I love you too, be careful." He said in between kisses. I pulled away and pressed my forehead to his chest, taking in his scent.

I walked away and grabbed my stuff, I should be meeting this person at the gate. I heard someone call my name in the distance. I looked back and tried to identify the person in between the crowd, but I was out of luck. "Tsukiko-sensei!" I turned around and saw Kagami carrying a bunch of stuff. "What's with all those bags, Kagami?" I asked poking at the various backpacks he carried around his back. "You don't know? I will be your partner on this intel mission!" He said with an excited face. I widened my eyes and smiled at him. "Hokage-sama told me we kind of look alike, we're both Uchiha so I could act like your son." I nodded thinking about Hashirama's reasoning. "I think you need to leave half the stuff you're carrying, Kagami." I chuckled at his struggle of dropping the backpacks. "I got a very special transport for us."

We started walking away from the village until we met Akari-san. Kagami widened his eyes at the icy scaled dragon, her purple orbs eyed Kagami from head to toe. "He's with me, Akari-san." She lowered her wings for us to climb up her back and took off.

I don't know what I'm doing HAHAH nor where this is going, please bear with me!