Chapter XV

I woke up to the touch of soft lips on my forehead. "Good morning." I opened my eyes and smiled at the sight of Tobirama wearing my purple apron, placing a breakfast tray on the bed. I sat down and eyed the food he had prepared. My mouth started watering at the well cooked eggs, the perfect shade of toast and the smell of the tea. "This looks so delicious, thanks Tobi" I shot him a side smile, my eyes still fixated on my food. He took a small flower from his back pocket and placed it on the side of the tray. "I hope you like it." He placed another kiss on my forehead and walked to the kitchen.

I placed the dishes on the sink, while looking around for Tobirama, who was nowhere to be found. "Tobi?" I asked lowly, but still heard nothing. I walked out and saw him crouching outside the porch. "What are you doing?" I arched a brow and grinned at him. His black jumper was covered in dirt. I crouched next to him and cleaned off the dirt on the tip of his nose. "I thought you'd like some flowers outside our home." He smiled at me and continued planting some tulips. My heart fluttered at his words, he thought this was our home, my eyes started watering. I pressed my forehead against the side of his shoulder, letting some tears glide down my cheeks. Tobirama seemed to notice my soft sobs and sat down, leaving everything on hold. "What's wrong, Tsukiko?" He placed his arm around my shoulders and pulled me closer to him. I turned to face him and hugged him, tightening my grip, sinking my fingertips on the soft fabric of his jumper. "Its just...you're the best. Thank you."

--

"Wait, what? He did?" I widened my eyes at what Tobirama said. "Yes, after we left the battlefield, he told me he pierced his chest, leading him to a quick and painless death." I couldn't believe the Hashirama would kill the Madara. It just seemed impossible because Hashirama tried to save him from the darkness until the end. "He told me he found the perfect place to bury him, so we'll meet him there. Or i'll meet him in case you don't want to go." I nodded, my eyes looking at nothing in particular. "No, i'll go, Hashirama supported and helped me after what happened with Yomi, and despite what Madara's summon did, i'll be there for Hashirama as well." Tobirama gave me a sad smile and gripped my shoulder, I felt it was one of his ways of giving me support.

—Time skip—

"So, how long do we still have to walk?" I already felt my knees go weak at times. I heard Tobirama huff and kept walking. "Tobi!" I whined at his non-existent answer. "Just keep walking Tsukiko! Take in the fresh air, the smell, the sight." I was walking behind him so I did have a great sight. I poked at one of his toned butt cheeks making him glare at me. "You're right" I winked and he rolled his eyes. "Almost there." The last few meters were almost death to me, I felt my chest pounce hardly, I tried to even out my breath but it was impossible. "We're here." I looked around but didn't see Hashirama around, he was supposed to be here. I heard a loud crunching behind me. "I should've come with you instead." I scoffed, crossing my arms in anger. Hashirama jumped from the branch formed by his wood style. "Sorry for being late." I noticed the mix of emotions running across his face, he tried to look happy and unaffected by this matter, I brushed it off to prevent him from feeling caught. "I think this place is perfect, nobody would dare to walk all the way here. I wouldn't do it again, ever." I sat down, still catching my breath. We stood on the top of a cliff, I dare say one of the highest cliffs. "That's the idea." Tobirama said after looking around. Hashirama placed Madara's body on the ground, it was covered with bandages, leaving the head area open. Hashirama crouched next to him, and placed a flattened rock on his chest. "Goodbye, friend." Tobirama helped Hashirama place the body on the grave they had dug out previously. They took one last look at the body before covering it.

"How about a race down this cliff? Winner gets to eat free for a week." I asked trying to lighten up the mood. "So you can fall again on a frozen lake?" Tobirama elbowed my side, laughing at what happened that time. I gave him a fake laugh and turned to look at Hashirama, waiting for his decision. He thought about it for a moment but nodded, a smile forming on his lips. "Perfect!" I clapped and prepared to start sliding down. I didn't say anything about not using any jutsu, I knew Tobirama was going to use his Hiraishin, Hashirama would probably use his wood and well, I have my sage mode. "Ready?" Tobirama said, his eyes fixated on the ground. I saw the light from the talisman shine through my hand, a smirk showed on my face and I started sliding down. I glanced upwards and saw both Hashirama's and Tobirama's eyes start to widen, this would give me the perfect heads up.

"Too slow!"

A few minutes passed and I was already in the village, I stood outside my house, looking at the colorful tulips Tobirama had planted that morning. "About time!" I turned around and saw the two Senju trying to catch their breaths. "I think I won." "You-you are a a-cheater." Hashirama said in between pants. "Oh come on! Don't tell me you didn't use your wood style." I arched a brow and saw Hashirama pout. "At least you didn't use your Hiraishin" I poked Tobirama's chest and he fell down on his back. "He tried, but-but I s-stopped him." I turned to look to Tobirama who kept panting, covering his eyes from the sunlight. "Alright. You are in charge of the food and i'm in charge of the refreshers." I opened my front door and they crawled inside, laying on the cold floor.

After we all cooled down, Hashirama left to attend some reunion with the heads of the new clans. I heard a knock on the door. Tobirama stood up and opened, revealing an adolescent, whose face was covered with a bouquet of flowers. Tobirama arched a brow and stepped back, letting him in. "Kagami! How are you doing?" He was all grown up, he already had the three tomoe Sharingan. "This is for you sensei, Torifu couldn't be here, he says he's sorry." He bowed and gave me the bouquet. "They are beautiful, thanks Kagami!" Tobirama rolled his eyes and walked over to the bedroom. "How have you been? I'm sorry we haven't trained that much." He shot me a smile and shrugged. "Now that all of you have more power I guess we could go for a more specialized training. I can help you with the Sharingan. Maybe Torifu with his clan and Danzo..." I tried to think of someone he could train with. "...I'll have to look for someone." Kagami nodded. "How did you earn a Sharingan, though? Are you an Uchiha?" He asked. "I guess it's a story you may hear if you defeat me in a spar." I crossed my arms and laid back on the sofa. "Looking forward to that." He waved his hand goodbye and left. I heard Tobirama walk out of the bedroom. "Those flowers are pretty, but not as pretty as the tulips." I heard him huff. "Am I witnessing a jealous Tobirama?" I asked with a devilish smirk. Tobirama saw me and crossed his arms, looking away. "No." I shifted to the other side of the couch, trying to see his face, he in return looked further away. "Aw! Tobi! I love the tulips you planted outside! They are beautiful!" He glanced at me, a small pout showing. I was so entertained by the small tantrum, he was acting like a little kid. "Come here" He hesitated at first but started walking in my direction. I pulled his hand and sat him next to me. I placed a soft kiss on the tip of his nose and pulled him closer to my chest. "You're too cute."