Chapter IX

Tobirama's POV

"Tobirama, you stay here. I need to talk to him alone." I clenched my fists, I didn't know what Madara could do. Still, i'll be outside in case something happens. I nodded to my brother and he walked downstairs. I crouched and placed two fingers on the ground, I need to focus on Madara's chakra movement for the time being.

Hashirama's POV

I walked downstairs and saw Madara reading some plaque that stood behind him. "Madara, where have you been?" I asked with a serious tone in my voice. He didn't move so I approached him. "Ma-" he stood up, I noticed something happened to him, his voice changed along with his eyes.

—After talking—

"Madara is leaving the village" my heart shrank when those words came out of my mouth, after all we've done together, all our dreams...Now he has another dream, one I can't understand, if only he would let me help.

"Brother, are you alright?" Tobirama could tell I was feeling hurt, but now that I am Hokage it is my duty to push aside those feelings and work towards peace. "It's fine, let's go meet some clans." I gave him a weak side smile, I was trying. I saw him nod.

I was about to leave my house when I saw Tobi appear by the kitchen. "Where are you going?" He asked, "I was going to buy some food, you? Is everything okay?" He nodded and walked outside. "Madara is leaving." My eyes widened, I thought he was going to stay for good. "Apparently he has another dream, one that Hashirama can't understand nor help. That's what he told me." I guess we both saw that coming. "Well, that's too bad for Hashirama, he was his best friend." Tobirama gave me a side hug and we started walking into the village. "Would you like to meet some clans with me?" I glanced at him and nuzzled my way into his neck. "Sure!"

"Tobirama, Tsukiko! You are meeting clans too? That's great!" I could tell the sadness in his eyes. "Yes, she's meeting them with me." Hashirama arched a brow and smirked vaguely. "So, here's the list of clans to meet, I'll be meeting with the Sarutobi clan later. We eyed the list of clans and picked the Shimura and Akimichi. We sent both of them a pigeon accepting the meeting and waited for their arrival. "Are you hungry?" I asked Tobirama while looking at some kids playing and running around. "Yes. Oh right, you owe me a meal" His eyes started glowing and I smiled at him "that's why I asked, Tobi" I slapped his back and walked in a barbecue place.

We sat down and waited for a waitress to take our order. "What's on your mind?" I saw Tobirama spacing out once in a while, it wasn't weird but I could tell he felt uneasy. He shook his head and I raised an eyebrow. "Fine, its just...I don't know why I feel Madara is going to attack Konohagakure." I hadn't thought about it, I was too hungry. "Hm, why though?" Tobirama leaned in so no one could listen to what he had to say. "I stood outside when Hashirama talked to him, I was taking note of his chakra movements in case I had to intervene, his chakra changed, it was spiky and different, that's why." He leaned back and the waitress walked over. "Good afternoon, Tobirama-sama" I glanced at her thinking if I was invisible or something. She eyed him from head to waist, the rest was hidden under the table. I felt my face turn red and not necessarily from embarrassment. I arched an eyebrow, she still hasn't acknowledged my existence. Before Tobirama could ask for food I interrupted. "Uh, we would like tea, two portions of rice and the barbecue, right love?" I glanced at Tobirama who widened his eyes at me. The waitress looked down and left. "love?" He asked teasing me. "Yes, that girl was looking at you like a piece of barbecue, didn't even ask what I wanted or even acknowledged my presence so..." He laughed while massaging his forehead. "Really? I didn't notice." I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms. "Here's your food, Tobirama-sama." She smiled at him and placed everything on the table. I can't believe this. Tobirama was staring this whole time at me, laughing kind of loudly. "See?" He looked back to see if the waitress was looking at our direction—which obviously she was—Tobirama leaned in and placed a kiss on my lips. "That'll teach her, right love?" He winked at me and I just smiled embarrassingly.

"I guess we need to be alert from now on, don't worry Tobi, we'll stop him even before he plots attacking the village." I said with a low voice. He nodded and kept eating. "Tobirama-sama, Tsukiko-sama, this came in minutes ago." A shinobi gave us a scroll, this must be the response from one of the clans we're meeting. "The Shimura clan will arrive tomorrow morning." I nodded and ate a piece of meat. "Oh, Tobi, i'm going to train with Yomi in a few hours, want to come with me? We can spar. I think we have never sparred before." I looked at him with excitement, and he replied with the same look. We finished eating and I slammed the money on the table. "Let's go" I grabbed his hand and started running towards the training grounds.

We arrived and Yomi was already there, cleaning his claws. "You're late, Tsukiko and...Tobirama I didn't know you were coming!" I smiled and clang on to Tobirama's arm. "Yup, we are sparring." Yomi stretched his body, getting ready for our training. "I have an idea, how about I watch you guys spar and then we train." Yomi laid down again, knowing I wouldn't try to change his mind, I wanted to spar with Tobirama so bad. "Fine."

We stood in front of each other, we took a long, deep breath. We unscathed our swords and positioned into a fighting stance. We charged at each other at the same time, our blades clashed but his broke at the touch of mine. He widened his eyes and took a few steps back preparing a kunai. "Remember this blade cut through Madara's Susano'o?" I ran at him and he threw his kunai, I jumped and shot my sword down. Is he going to teleport to his kunai? If he does, my blade would cut through his body. As my blade sank his kunai to the ground, I cast handsigns for an air jutsu. "You're fast!" He said while teleporting to the other side of the grounds avoiding my attack. "You too!" I said smirking, cleaning the sweat off my forehead. We charged against each other again, exchanging some kicks and punches. "your taijutsu is pretty good" Tobirama said in between breaths. He charged again and managed to kick me, I grabbed his leg and threw him to a tree. I stood up and my talisman lit up entering Sage Mode. "This is going to be the real battle" Yomi said to himself. Tobirama stood up and casted handsigns for a water jutsu, making the battlefield fill with water and him just riding his water dragon. "Hm, fine." I sent chakra to my feet to be able to counter his attacks easily. His dragon swam rapidly at me, I ran and punched his body breaking it—in some way—it wouldn't be able to regenerate fast, so I had to keep going. I jumped up and landed another punch on its head. Tobirama growled and casted his exploding tags jutsu. I knew I would be cheating if I used the dragon merge jutsu so I shot a fireball at him before he could trigger the explosion. He appeared behind me and I casted the slow movement jutsu "Senpou..." He widened his eyes and waited for the hit. I turned to him and elbowed his side, throwing him against the trees. The water dissipated and my Sage Mode marks disappeared. I fell on my knees trying to gather chakra. I heard Yomi yell from a distance "he's okay!" I sighed in relief.

We kept fighting for a while until we were so drained we passed out on the grass.

Sorry for the short and shitty af chapter. I don't know where this is going but, hang in there readers!