Chapter XVIII

I was about to relive the Warring States period, the village preparing itself to fight, knowing death is imminent. We still felt a little clueless as to why this war was happening. The reunion between Kages went pretty well in our opinion. It seemed like Kumogakure and other villages felt in disadvantage and they wanted to gain power. Konoha was one of the strongest villages, home to various strong clans. We were all on edge, if anything was out of place we would immediately think it was an attack.

I stood outside my home, looking at the tulips sway from side to side, I kept thinking if this was the last time i'd enjoy my home and the sight Konoha had to offer. I felt Tobirama place a hand on my shoulder, I could feel the tension in his soft touch. 

"Tsukiko, come inside, there's something I want to give you." I tried to stop all the negative thoughts that were taking over my mind and followed him inside. "I have noticed that you don't have an armor." He turned around holding the shiny black armor he had asked for. It was like his, in the neck area had black scales that ran along the back, resembling Yomi. It also had the leaf engraved and on the back a dragon. I felt a wave of emotion hit me, I tried to contain the tears that threatened to fall. I held him tight, I buried my head on his chest thinking if this would be the last time i'd get to hug him like this. I loved the armor and I was so happy but at the same time I felt sad and desperate.

"Its a shame you're receiving this gift in a war period, but the blacksmith just finished it. I'm sorry." I kept holding on to him, my grip tightened around his lower back. "No, it's okay. It's nobody's fault. Thank you, Tobirama." I mumbled, pulling away from him, cherishing his smell...his body.

Hashirama sent a team of shinobi to gather intel, check around if there were any enemies nearby. It was just a matter of time. "Tobirama-sama, Tsukiko-sama. The Hokage asked for you." We both left home, I glanced back, trying to create a mental image of where I had spent the happiest moments of my life.

"Brother, what's the status?" Tobirama asked once we entered Hashirama's office. He was already in his armor, his weapons and scrolls were placed on the side of his couch, ready to be taken. "Well, the intel group has reported that there's no activity. Their conclusion is that it may be a false alarm, it would take them weeks to reach the Land of Fire." He said gripping on his sleeve, it was a destabilizing situation. 

"What about the explosive tag, though? Could it be that the unknown person came here and threw that just to sow fear amongst us?" Both Senju looked at me, trying to think if this theory was plausible. "That could also be. Look, we don't know for sure if this war is happening right now or if the unknown person did place the tag. We need to be really careful, we could have infiltrated shinobi too." I gasped at the new perspectives Hashirama offered. Basically we couldn't trust anyone. "Have you talked to the Uchiha?" Tobirama asked, looking outside the window, resting his arms on his chest. "Tobirama, stop it." His brother sent him a glare. "I'm just asking, maybe they saw something weird." Tobirama shrugged, trying not to come off harsh for mentioning the Uchiha. "Maybe we can ask them, just to be sure." I added. Hashirama pressed his forehead against his hands. "Fine, go ask them Tsukiko. You stay here Tobirama. Your way of asking is a bit rough sometimes." Tobirama growled at his brother's comment, I couldn't hold my giggle, earning a glare from the pouting Senju.

I walked over to the Uchiha compound, the vibe was different. I had never walked in, where i'm supposed to belong. I spotted Kagami helping a few Uchiha, carrying weapons to a house. "Kagami!" I yelled at him, he looked back and left the box on the floor. "Tsukiko-sensei, what brings you here?" He asked spatting a drop of sweat that ran down his forehead. "I came to ask if you know if someone saw an unknown person walking around? Or just anything strange?" He tilted his head to the side, thinking if he had heard something. "I think there was a person asking around a few days ago. Let me ask around, I'll get back at you." I ruffled his hair and thanked him. "Senseeei!" He complained, fixing his black curls. "I'm sorry, it's a habit."