Chapter XIV

"Hashirama is acting strange." I finished eating a piece of dango and looked at Tobirama with a questioning face. "How so?" I said choking with the last piece of my food. Tobirama patted my back until I stopped coughing. He placed his hand on his chin, as if he was evaluating the situation at that moment. "He's been very serious lately. You know how he's always acting depressed and hyper active. These past few days he has been distant and spacing out every two seconds." I narrowed my eyes trying to think of a reason but I couldn't come up with any because I don't know him that well. "Do you think it has something to do with Mito?" He shook his head. "I asked her already, and she noticed it too." I frowned. What could be bothering Hashirama? Apart from Madara, of course. Something clicked in my mind. I pointed my index finger to the ceiling. "Wait! I have an idea!" I stood up excited because I was positive this would hit the nail. "Madara. He's not dead, right? Maybe he contacted Hashirama." Tobirama seemed to understand, his eyes widened and stood up quickly. "I need to look for him. Meet me outside the Hokage building."

Tobirama appeared in front of me, he had a worried look on his face. "Did I guess right?" He ignored my question completely and asked me to summon Yomi, I nodded and a second later we were flying to the outskirts of the village. "What is that?" I asked when I saw a big orange fox-like creature destroying the forest. I saw Tobirama clench his teeth, I looked back and widened my eyes. "Don't tell me that's him! And what is that?" He nodded and prepared himself to jump into the fight. "I need you to watch that summon. Please be careful, both of you. We don't know how dangerous that thing could be." He pecked my forehead and jumped.

"Alright Yomi, let's analyze the situation." I saw Madara on top of the fox, Hashirama was on the other side along with his wooden dragon jutsu. The fox threw an energy ball jutsu, destroying Hashirama's dragon. Yomi flew higher to avoid the air blast. "What is that?" I asked as if Yomi would have the answer, he was as clueless as I was. I saw the fox getting covered by Madara's Susano'o. I opened my mouth but words didn't come out. "Tsukiko, what should we do?" I clenched my teeth.

Hashirama's Shin Susenju was released. I thought i'd never see it. The thousand hands charged against Madara's summon, weakening the Susano'o armor. "Yomi, fly me there! I'll use the dragon blade." Yomi looked at me with sad eyes. "Tsukiko..." He said almost inaudibly, he approached the scene and I prepared for the jump. The fox's orbs moved upwards, having me in its sight. I jumped and pointed my blade down, I hope this works. I was seeing everything in slow motion, I saw the fox move one of its arms up to throw me away, my blade was closer along with his claws. I closed my eyes waiting for the hit. I heard a slashing sound but I was still falling, I slowly opened my eyes and looked up. Yomi had been cut across with the fox's claws, his tail was wiggling from side to side. I was still slashing the fox's body until I reached the ground. I ran back to get a better sight, to make sure Yomi could save himself. I saw him throw several fireballs at the fox's face. I heard a loud growl, the trees surrounding us swayed violently. I looked up again and saw the fox jerk its paw throwing Yomi away into the trees. I widened my eyes and ran in that direction, tears escaped my eyes blurring my vision. I was thrown into the ground by Tobirama who kept a tight grip on my body. "What the hell are you doing?" I yelled at him, trying to free myself. I heard another loud roar meters away from me. I turned to look at Tobirama with an apologizing look, he saved me. "I'll cover you, now go!" He ordered and I nodded, running again.

I saw Yomi's body trapped in blood tinted trees, I felt a knot forming in my throat, I was imagining the worst now. I climbed up to where his head was, he was trying to breathe. "Yomi! Yomi" I saw his weak orbs moving "Ts-Tsukiko, i'm glad you are okay" his voice seemed to lose volume. "Why did you do that idiot? Wha-" A smile formed, showing his fangs. "I'm glad I chose you, you're the best shinobi of our clan and I dare to say of Konoha as well." My hands gripped the sides of his head, trying to stop more tears from falling. "Tell Tobirama that if he hurts y-you in the s-slightest way possible I will haunt him forever." He huffed and started coughing out blood. "Yomi, no, you'll be okay." His eyelids started closing and his breath was evening out. "Let me do one last thing, T-Tsukiko. T-this will keep you using the talisman, its the only thing I can do now. E-extend your arm." I felt his bloody claws sink in my arm, I closed my eyes trying to endure the pain. "The seal on your hand will disappear, but you will be able to enter sage mode without m-me." I nodded and hugged his head, my tears falling on his rough opaque scales. "Thank you for everything, I'll see you later." He nodded, letting out his last breath. "D-don't r-rush."

I felt my blood boiling, I gripped on his head one last time and jumped down. I unscathed my blade, holding it with all my strength. I threw my blade at an impressive speed I didn't know it could be possible. It pierced the nine tailed fox's stomach, throwing him to the ground and vanishing from the scene. I started running to Madara's direction, my anger controlled my emotions, I didn't care Hashirama and Tobirama were running behind me, yelling. Yomi is dead and all I need to do is stop him.

"Madara!" I yelled, my eyes burned, blood tears running down my cheeks, my heart pounced against my chest. I felt my body go numb and I fell down. I sank my fingers into the ground trying to regain strength. I felt Hashirama run past me, but I fell down flat on my face. "He's not moving!" I heard Hashirama in the distance. I opened my eyes and saw a blurred out Tobirama on top of me. I heard loud steps approaching, my eyelids were heavy, I couldn't focus on anything. "How is she?" I felt fingers on my face and my neck. I felt a sudden energy in my chest area making me sit up straight. "Tsukiko, are you alright?" Tobirama's voice was unmistakeable. I nodded, I couldn't talk due to the knot that had formed in my throat. I felt Tobirama's arms pull me close to his chest, I felt tears falling again. "I'm sorry about Yomi, I know what he said. Remember the seal? When he said that his mind was also connected to mine." I started sobbing, all the memories hit me at once.

"He's in a comatose state." I looked up at Hashirama, who had moved Madara's body closer. "Tsukiko, i'm sorry about your loss. I can carry him if you'd like." I nodded, cleaning away the new tears that stayed on my eyelashes. "So, what happened to him?" I asked pointing at the Uchiha. "I think you put him in a comatose state. I didn't know a sharingan could do that." He held his chin with his thumb. "I didn't know either." I spat all the dirt from my legs and stood up, I guess I was still weak because Tobirama caught me when I was about to fall back. Hashirama casted his wooden man and carefully picked up Yomi.

—Time skip—

Today was Yomi's burial. I decided to bury him in Konoha due to my clan's decision to live here as well. The sun was shining, lighting up my depressed mood. A villager sculpted a dragon for Yomi's grave, holding a flame on one of his paws. It made me happy, it looked just like him. I walked over to the sculpture and took off a necklace given to me when he chose me, it represented our union. I saw a tear fall on the stone base. I squeezed it, reminiscing.

Tobirama approached me, he hugged my side and pressed his forehead to the side of my face. He pulled out the seal I gave him that time and left it next to my necklace. We walked back to where everyone was, Tobirama pulled me into a hug, my face rested on the nape of his neck while he caressed my hair. After a few seconds I decided to glance at the sculpture again, I saw Kagami and Torifu approach Yomi's grave, each one holding a bouquet of flowers. They walked back and hugged me as well. "Thanks guys" I said, choking on my sobs. After a while everyone left, except for me and Tobirama who stood by my side all the time. "You need to rest, Tsukiko." I nodded and we started walking back to the village.

The afternoon was now windy, a string of leaves danced around us until the air was too weak to keep them floating. I fell to my knees, taking Tobirama by surprise. I felt my throat tense up, along with my stomach area. I spit whatever was stuck in my throat, but the action made me throw up.