Chapter XXIII

This is the last chapter! The longest one i've ever written, I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

It was early in the morning, I felt Tobirama squirm trying to avoid the sun rays hitting his face. I chuckled at his mumbling complaints. He groaned and opened his eyes slowly, revealing his shiny red orbs. "How long did I sleep?" He asked sitting down next to me, rubbing his eyes. "A few hours, like, six." I said scratching my chin, I saw his eyes widen at my answer. "Why did you let me sleep for so long?" He asked throwing both of his hands in the air, his brows furrowed which made me chuckle at him. "I thought you needed a rest, long rest. Tobirama we are all on edge and you need that head of yours to be able to come up with strategies in the heat of the moment." I shrugged and he let out a sigh, he leaned his head back and looked up at the sky, he blinked and a tear rolled down. He spat it with the back of his hand trying to hide it from me. "You're right, I need to be the Hokage everyone needs."

—Time skip—

The war had toned down, there were sporadic attacks and they were mostly from bandits now. The Kages didn't trust each other, even Tobirama, he tried to make the relation easier but they were all just too stubborn. He would spend most nights at the office and the nights he came home he kept writing and reading scrolls. He was really hard working and wanted to keep the will of fire alive, his brother's will alive. I knew what I got myself into when Hashirama proclaimed him Hokage and even though we don't spend much time together now I still offer him my full support and understand that his work is one of the most important matters. I stopped looking out the window when I heard the door knob, it wasn't late.

"Tobi?" I asked, walking cautiously to the entrance. I heard nothing. I hid behind the living room sofa, trying to see the person that had entered my home. I moved around and just saw a black figure, definitely wearing a cloak. I squinted my eyes to make out some of the details but there was too much dry mud on it. I clenched my teeth, and placed my back against the sofa. The person walked around, I could see how it admired the tidiness of the kitchen, all thanks to Tobirama, I was kinda messy. Even walked past the photos of Tobirama and me, but it already know us. Then why?

I crawled back to grab a kunai that we kept on the counter but it fell down on the floor, making a very high pitched noise. I grabbed it and stood in front of the cloaked figure. "What do you want?" I asked, trying not to sound scared. I threw the kunai as fast as possible but then I felt my body go numb. The last thing I saw was a mischievous smile.

—Time skip—

I woke up, I tried opening my eyes but it hurt as hell. I tried moving other parts of my body, but I didn't know if I was paralyzed or just tied really well. This isn't a work of bandits, this is some professional work, not from this village though. I kept thinking this was an attack from another village. Once my eyes adjusted to the pain, heaviness and lack of light I saw the cloak resting on a chair. I looked around but there was no one in sight, I didn't feel a chakra signature. I tugged on a loose end of the rope with my teeth and started pulling and pushing to loosen the knot that kept my hands together.

"Stop that or I will kill you." I heard the voice coming from the aisle next to me, I let the piece of rope fall from my teeth and looked around once again. "Why me?" I asked, honestly I was pretty bored. I have been kidnapped so many times that I would rather just talk it out instead of fighting my way out of this. Is Tobirama even going to notice my disappearance? I felt a little sad with that last thought, of course he would. "We want to have some fun, right brother?" Another voice said, this one was different, more pitchy. "Untie me and let's have some fun." I said arching a brow, trying to come off playful and harmless. "Maybe next time." They said and closed the door behind them. It was me and the cloaked figure once again.