10

Present Day

New York

Who the fuck is pounding on my door?

I swear to god if it's Hunter trying to ask me to go for drinks with him one more time I will knock him out. I'm definitely not in the mood for his constant bullshit tonight.

I wrap the towel around my waist, giving myself no time to dry off and head for the door, ripping it open.

Holy shit.

"Ava?" I screw my eyes shut for a brief moment wondering if it's just my imagination but she's still standing there once I pop them back open.

What the fuck?

"You cut your hair." She states catching me by surprise.

"Huh?" I'm so confused.

Did she pound down my door to tell me something I'm already fully aware of?

"You cut your hair." She tells me again. "Why did you? When did you cut your hair? It looks nice, really good in fact but I preferred it long." She sighs leaning against the door way.

It's then I notice a bottle of wine in her hand. I think she's had a few of those already. Before I can even get the chance to ask her to come in she's brushing past me, finding a spot on the bed to sit on.

I honestly thought she was going to avoid me until it was totally necessary, but here she goes proving me wrong once again.

"I'm waiting." The tip of her tongue darts out to lick her bottom lip and I find myself staring at it, I'm surprised I'm not drooling. I can't tear my eyes away. "Well?"

"Sorry what?" I swallow.

Fucking hell she's making me really nervous.

"When did you cut your hair?" She asks again, she's not going to let it go until she receives some sort of answer from me.

"A while ago." I shrug.

"Why?"

"Do you want the truth?" I slowly move closer to her and sit on the bed allowing a bit of space between us.