7

Present Day

New York City

To say that I was stressed out would be an understatement right about now

To say that I was stressed out would be an understatement right about now. Not only has my stress levels reached its peak, I'm also annoyed and a little upset.

Skye had to cancel at the very last minute due to the fact that Teddy wasn't very well. She didn't want to be that far away from him, worrying about him all day so she decided not to come on the trip.

I guess I'm upset because I wanted to experience New York with her. Hannah isn't bad company, in fact she's great but I wanted my best friend here by my side.

My annoyance has been rising because our first flight out here was cancelled and our second was delayed by a couple of hours.

We have only been at the hotel for 30 minutes and we have to be at the photo shoot location within the next hour to meet the clients and set up the equipment for an early shoot tomorrow morning and i am freaking out.

"Want me to see if there's a Starbucks around here or something? You look like you could use a coffee." Hannah asks as she hands me the tripod to my camera.

"That would be great." I sigh. "Pretty sure I saw a restaurant downstairs as we came in. Surely they sell coffee there, we don't have time for you to be running around the city trying to find something decent." I state as I check over the equipment again to make sure everything is working perfectly.

"Yeah you are right. I'll try to be as quick as possible. In the meantime, take a breather and relax. I know it's been a bit hectic today but you have got this! At least we will be able to get a decent night sleep tonight and fully prepare for the first day tomorrow."

I nod in agreement as I zip up the suitcase and place it by the door ready to go with all the other things.

"Thanks Hannah." I say looking up at her with a slight smile.

"No problem boss." She grins before heading out the door.

I sit myself down on the bed before falling back against the mattress with a thud and stare at the ceiling.

I'm tired from the long flight and I'm beyond nervous. I haven't been on an overseas photo shoot by myself before. I've always had Aaron there for help or moral support.

I miss him and it's only been a day.

I take my phone out of my pocket and decide to give him a call.

"Hey beautiful." His sleepy, raspy voice greets me and I already feel calmer.

"I'm sorry, did I wake you? I forgot about the time differences."

"It's only 10pm but I must have fallen asleep, it's been a long day. How was your flight?" He asks me in almost a whisper.

"Stressful, our first flight was cancelled and the second was delayed, we only arrived at the hotel 45 minutes ago and we have to meet the clients in the next half an hour so it's just been a huge rush. I'm exhausted." I tell him as I stare at the ceiling fan.